Gingerbread Rom on the DX

JonElCanche

Reaction score

Kanibull

Reaction score
the droid can run gingerbread because the unlocked bootloader allows for aosp roms with the custom kernels that run with gingerbread. the locked bootloader of the droid x does not allow for the same level of modding.

fused2explode

Reaction score
For now the only roms running 2.3.3 for the original Droid are CM7 and LiQuiD GingerBread. HTTP://www.liquidsmoothroms.com
CM7 forum can be found on this site under android hacking > custom roms. I believe gingerbread is available for DroidX but I think its a hybrid system.

Check the hacking > Droid x forums, I haven't been up to date on DX since I sold it awhile ago, so I could be completely wrong tho.

F2E

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fused2explode

Reaction score
Looks like gb isn't available for DX, only gb themes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I have read a ton of threads about how the droid x can't get a gingerbread rom because of the locked bootloader. Correct
I just read a post from droid_life that says the original droid is running a gingerbread rom. Also correct
Anyone got anymore info on this? Here is the link.
Download: Stock Android 2.3.3 for Original DROID (Rooted) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

As was stated above, the D1 and DX are different in that the bootloader wasn't locked on the D1, hence its popularity and long life.