Gingerbread ROM for droid 2?

miketoasty

Reaction score
What's a "UD" ? :)

UD or ultimate droid is a ROM developer like angdroid or kejar. But don't expect anything from him on the x or 2 as he has basicall given up on our phones.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Please forgive the ignorance of this question as I'm still rather new at rooting and modding, but can't the X & the 2 just be completely wiped and a new bootloader installed? Like formatting a hard drive?

Nope that is how most phones except ours since motorola locks down our bootloader which would be like the core of a hard drive.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Matt4542

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
The "new kernel" idea is incorrect. Gingerbread boots fine on a .32 kernel which was the original concern. Gingerbread is already being worked on by cvpcs and Team Phoenix. Stay tuned.

the86d

Reaction score
I will research ANY phone that I get, and Motorola will probably not be in the next list.

I currently have a Droid and a Droid2, but there are many options available now.

Hell I might just pay the Early Termination w/VZW and opt for the Sidekick 4G since it seems to have everything IT ninjas need: LIKE A FULL QWERTY w/ DIGITS, as ip addys and street addresses are a PITA with the ALT key on OG Droid and the Droid2.

Virgin Mobile's Samsung Intercept is pretty zippy (not like the Droid2, but zippy enough for my son) and the price is right for $25/month, shoot I thought about it for myself... but I need a bigger provider.

I rarely Wireless-Tether (only <150MB/month on AVG, but i need that feature as I am on call about once a month).

If Motorola trolls these 4ums: 86 the locked boot loaders, because your biggest fans of the OG Droid might soon be telling people NOT to get Motorola devices now. I have 1800 users just at work, and that is just the beginning (Facebook is a MAJOR PLAYER in spreading ideas/knowledge, and helping people choose phones, even WITHOUT being in physical contact with them anymore).

Android is Open Source, and should stay that way... OPEN.

Even HTC is supposedly being pressured to lock things down, per request of the providers for warranty purposes (which is stupid since the provider doesn't usually handle the warranty, it is mostly all done 3rd party anyway). I don't know anyone who roots that would take the phone back to the provider if they can replace the (crappy-half-ħ§ed default) software on their own.

Rant over. hehehe Sorry.

Last edited: