Gingerbread ROM for D1 available by UD!!!!!!!

sid_wisc

Reaction score
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

For all of you who did not see the FB post from UD... he has worked hard and came up with a Gingerbread ROM for us all who have a D1... In his post on facebook he has again came up with an Ultimate Droid first; an early Christmas present from blackdroid.Gingerbread for you Original Droid!! (http://www.theultimatedroid.com/ultimate_gingerbread_sholes-ota-eng.blackdroid.zip)

There is a catch though that this built does not have Gapps and market alongwith no USB support... I am personally trying it and hoping that a built with all these things will come out soon!!!

In his post on FB he says "Most will be broken on that first test for gingerbread. (No camera, usb support_ Also none of googles apps are included. It is simply meant as a technical preview."

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Knowing BD and the UD team, they'll pull it off and it'll be BEAST!! :dancedroid:

DroidForums junkie!!

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
after reading this review i'm not sure i even want it yet...
scary..... hopefully just a bad phone.
That "scary" review is hillarious. First, the guy is reviewing the Nexus S and not Gingerbread. (We really aren't going to have T-Mobile network problems and bad Samsung customer service, eh?) And second, that review was 100% biased and not at all near complete. Read the review at Armandtech if you actually want a review. They also have a page dedicated to reviewing Gingerbread on the NS. Don't believe everything you read :)

Last edited:

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll have to find the post again but I'm running gingerbread with gapps working at about 80% gmail and the market work. the market will force close some times due to a network error it says but there is no error. the browser is still a no go but I'm going to grab opera and dolphin to see if they work. If you search a little you'll come across a few different zips to try. Its all coming together very FAST! The way I had to flash it this morning is already been advanced on so keep searching and gods speed brother's

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Knowing BD and the UD team, they'll pull it off and it'll be BEAST!! :dancedroid:

DroidForums junkie!!

For the most part they are simply pulling in cyanogen mod changes.....not trying to undermine BD was just saying

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
usb is not an issue as you can just do it wirelessly can't you