Gingerbread Rolling Out Today!

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am rooted supercharged, running affinity rom etc.. do I have to SBf to stock or will update push through anyways

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I am rooted supercharged, running affinity rom etc.. do I have to SBf to stock or will update push through anyways

I've Read You Need The Bloat For It To Update. Problem Being There Is Not A List Of What Bloat Programs Would Affect It. SBF Is The Sure Fire Way To Know You're Gonna Get The Update Free And Clear.

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm leaving everything the way it is for now.. I like it for now

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just read on the article that u posted that its not a good idea to accept the update if u r rooted.. says original dx still has no root for gingerbread.. I wanna stay rooted

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Being a soak tester, I'll be venturing over when I receive the update to give them feedback.

I'm SBFing and then I'll check for the update. I'll be sure to let you guys know it's here.

magman

Reaction score
i cant find an update still i dont think it will push till friday

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just received the email from Matt claiming that the update will be pushed very, very soon to those who are in the soak program.

I will be following their confidentiality standard and I will not discuss the update here (sorry).

EDIT: It seems that all soak participants should receive the update before 8am tomorrow.

magman

Reaction score
i can update then in i dont like it i can alwayd sbf back to 2.2.2 right and get root back? or no

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Bump + update!

Just now received the prompt to download the new update. Wanted to make everyone jealous! ;) I won't release any information concerning the update, but I will letcha know whether or not it's worth losing root.