Gingerbread questions

droid doctor

Reaction score
I installed the pre rooted gb leak from Droid life. My question is how do I put icons on my home screen? Every time I long press an icon in my app drawer I press add to home and I go back to home and its not there. Also I have zeam launcher and Lpp installed if that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed the pre rooted gb leak from Droid life. My question is how do I put icons on my home screen? Every time I long press an icon in my app drawer I press add to home and I go back to home and its not there. Also I have zeam launcher and Lpp installed if that helps.

I've seen that issue as well w/the Gingerbread moto launcher...must be a bug w/the leak.

You can long-press on the home screen and do it from there via a menu that will appear...

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score

I've seen that issue as well w/the Gingerbread moto launcher...must be a bug w/the leak.

You can long-press on the home screen and do it from there via a menu that will appear...

It takes too much time I'm probably gonna sbf tomorrow and go back to squidly.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

It takes too much time I'm probably gonna sbf tomorrow and go back to squidly.

Just load ADW Launcher or Launcher Pro, or Zeam Launcher and use those instead...they offer more options and better home screen setup anyway....I've found ADW Launcher performs best on Gingerbread for me so far...

Update...just finally tried Go Launcher, and it is great...give it a try.

Last edited:
OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
Yea Im using LPP one question can I install the latest zombiestooped if I have version 4.5.173?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea Im using LPP one question can I install the latest zombiestooped if I have version 4.5.173?

You might want to look at Go Launcher...it has a process to add multiple shortcuts to the home screen at one time that is brilliant, simple, and fast. Very nice launcher - better performance than ADW and Launcher Pro for me...

Reaction score
If you have any other launcher installed uninstall them. Then it will work. I've done this before. Or just use a launcher.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have any other launcher installed uninstall them. Then it will work. I've done this before. Or just use a launcher.

Yeah, that works if you don't mind uninstalling all your other lanchers....

Homesmack (free, in the Market) solves the issue, and allows you to set the Moto Gingerbread launcher as the default, so you get the best of both worlds.

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score

Homesmack (free, in the Market) solves the issue, and allows you to set the Moto Gingerbread launcher as the default, so you get the best of both worlds.

Will that homesmack make it work if I have other launchers or will I have to uninstall them to make it work?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm back on gummyjar from a long run with zombie stomped. The problems I had were completely leak related so I'm hoping that the ota fixes it. Regardless though, for some reason gummyjar to this day is still more stable and much faster than any of the gingerbread roms I've tried. Unless the ota is considerably better than the leak, I will most likely stay with gummyjar until gummyjar gb comes out.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Will that homesmack make it work if I have other launchers or will I have to uninstall them to make it work?

Yes...hit the set default button at the bottom if the app, and the set default window will appear.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm back on gummyjar from a long run with zombie stomped. The problems I had were completely leak related so I'm hoping that the ota fixes it. Regardless though, for some reason gummyjar to this day is still more stable and much faster than any of the gingerbread roms I've tried. Unless the ota is considerably better than the leak, I will most likely stay with gummyjar until gummyjar gb comes out.

What problems? I would not go back to Froyo if you paid me...love Gingerbread.

fishaholic

Reaction score
ive found better 3G and signal service on the plain STOCK GB leak.... all the roms give me issues with both....

kinda strange but on zombie i cant talk in my backyard without dropping a call

on stock GB leak i always get full bars and no drops... WTF?!?!?! grrrrrrr :(

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
that homesmack didn't fix it so I might sbf back to stock because of little problems.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
that homesmack didn't fix it so I might sbf back to stock because of little problems.

So the steps you followed were:

1. Launch Homesmack
2. Hit the "Select Default" button

A window opens that says "Complete action using" at the top and lists all the installed home screens

3. Select the "Use by default for this action" option at the bottom of the window.
4. Select your preferred launcher from the list.

I've used it to set Motorola Home (the default GB launcher), ADW, Launcher Pro, and Go Launcher as the default - worked for all of them.

You followed the steps above and that didn't work to set your preferred launcher as the default?