Gingerbread profiles

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
How do I access it. Im not taking about a home launcher switcher.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought if you hit the menu key while on the home screen, there is an option to change profiles (home, work etc...)

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool, i'm not even on gb yet! I'm still debating whether to jump from liberty 2.0.1 to the leak (I'm on a d2)

kendeezy

Reaction score
does anybody know if the profiles do anything special or not? whats the difference between them? just wondering

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
Cool, i'm not even on gb yet! I'm still debating whether to jump from liberty 2.0.1 to the leak (I'm on a d2)

You should get on the leak its awesome I like it better than froyo, if you flash it your speaker might be extremely low and you wont have service but if you reboot that fixes everything. There's also a liberty rom for the leak but im currently on zombie stomped.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the monster file. Do I need to sbf or can I just jump from liberty 2.0.1 to the gb leak? I heard i dont have to sbf but i thought id check.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
does anybody know if the profiles do anything special or not? whats the difference between them? just wondering

The profiles are just extra homescreens that are divided up for home, work, weekend. To me it seems pointless and just for show (i only use 3 screens and its more than enough for me) but i'm sure some enjoy it.

OP
droid doctor

droid doctor

Reaction score
I have the monster file. Do I need to sbf or can I just jump from liberty 2.0.1 to the gb leak? I heard i dont have to sbf but i thought id check.

Just flash it like you would any other rom you know?

jediman

Reaction score
A better profile type thing would be one like the blackberry , wwhere you can control sound levels, etc. e.g. you go home and set your profile to phone only...only incoming calls get audibly noted while everything else is silent.