Gingerbread Problems + Solution

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by C21johnson, Aug 4, 2011.

1. C21johnson

C21johnson Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Second post updated with currently recorded issues. This list has been posted on the forums and also sent to Matt via PM.

2. gitarzan

gitarzan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like the name Gingerbread.

3. gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using the messaging app to access my Yahoo mail account, and have noticed the following problems since 2.3.x (OTA update, non-rooted):

1) Many empty messages from Dec 31, 1969. They MAY correlate to messages that I deleted from within the Messaging app itself, but not positive about that.
    2) Frequent "Invalid Server Certificate" messages. The only cure seemingly is to remove account, and then re-add it.

This is getting tedious.

I also have the audio stutter issue, the media dock issues, the overheating issues and the charging notification/LED issues. I would probably have the Car Dock issues, but I am using a 3rd party app as a replacement for the Car Dock and that is running solidly for me (Car Home Ultra - definitely a "recommend").

Oh, and as I am posting this, I just went into a boot-loop! Good times! However, I blame that one the DX2 in general, not GB specifically.

This phone makes me curse like a sailor. Thankfully, I have two upgrades coming 8-19, so I can dump this POS.

4. pendetim

pendetim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running a unrooted X2 that took the OTA update last week. I did not do a factory reset as that was not part of the upgrade instructions.

Post GB update issues:

1. GPS for photo tagging is showing "unknown location". GPS location for Google Maps, Poynt etc does work, but slow to find location.

2. Lost unlock slider during a charge cycle while phone was in sleep mode. Now pressing on Home button take me directly to active home screen.

3. LED flash is still useless. 80% of the time it fires, it is not synced with picture. At lease LED makes a good flashlight.

4. Picture and HD quality is still poor. The 3MP camera in my Blackberry Tour takes pictures and videos that are 200% sharper that this phone. Yes I know it is a phone, but for me it is a step backwards compared to my BB.

5. Signal Issues. Don't know if phone related however I am seeing a lot of flipping between 3G/1X and 0 bars to full bars while stationary in one place, Yes I have done the *228 thing several times. I am in Southern Delaware along the DE/MD state line 3.61 miles due West of the intersection of Rt 1 and Rt 54 on Fenwick Island.

#16 pendetim, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  5. ELH

ELH Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can second the above issues regarding the server certificate errors and the flipping between 3G/1X even with strong signal.

6. EyeOWA

EyeOWA Senior Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    One thing that I noticed with GB is when doing a voice search, the keybord remains on web pages.

7. sevenwords

sevenwords Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So glad I returned this phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

8. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I find that this happens if I lock the phone when im still in then messaging app.

It's pretty annoying, by far the most annoying bug I've had in gingerbread (maybe im lucky?)

Other than that all is good :) Very happy with the update. :reddroid:

9. Zetsumei

Zetsumei Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Audio Issue: Speakerphone volume way too low playing anytype of media and calls.

10. gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been watching these carefully over the last couple of days, and I can finally correlate these to something! Whenever I get an email notifying me of a response to a subscribed thread on Motorola Support Forums, they show up on my device as empty messages with the send date of Dec 31st, 1969. Oh, the irony!

11. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I have an issue since I upgraded to GB... my contacts and dialer force close. I had to go into the market and get Go DIaler and Go Contacts which, work perfectly fine and I kind of enjoy their features. Anyway, my point is, stock contacts and dialer force close. I am running P3's pre rooted GB.

12. garywojdan81

garywojdan81 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Did you remove any bloat? The blur contact app is kinda finicky with interdependencies.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
android ginerbread problem solutions
android gingerbread problems
android gingerbread problems and solution
gingbread aydio stutter
ginger bread problems
ginger display problem
gingerbread gallery problem
gingerbread hide signal bars
gingerbread problem

gingerbread problems