Gingerbread Performance

rjp0615

Reaction score
I'm just wondering... what kind of performance are you all seeing with GB on the D2? I've noticed quite a bit of lag since coming from Liberty 1.5 even after wiping data. It's the same lag I had on stock blur before Liberty. I'm also noticing about 100MB of RAM more being taken up in the background.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No lag at all, all smooth for me, but I also used titanium backup and foze some of the unnecessary blur services and widget that I know I dont use or care for.

OP
rjp0615

rjp0615

Reaction score
I used root uninstaller to remove some things... maybe I should freeze what I don't need too. Never had to do that with liberty though...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ima big liberty fan and my dislike for blur is well known so for me to say this is nice it has to be. I said many times that if it was not for liberty I would have thrown my d2 out a window. But my d2 run as smooth and as cool as liberty and have similar battery life. I am all for new blur.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Same experience here. I have droid overclock running at 1.35 and this phone is amazing. Quadrant scores in the 2000 range and im loving the new blur. I ditched launcher pro and haven't regretted it yet. Its smooth, looks great, and has great features we have all been waiting for. Imo once developers get a hold of this its gonna be the best thing ever for the D2

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you dont need lp or adw it has 7 screens and it flies.

fishaholic

Reaction score
Yeah launcher pro was boggin me down once I ditched it worked great!

OP
rjp0615

rjp0615

Reaction score
I only use 3 homescreens lol. I paid for the full launcherpro. sucks for me. I think my task killer was giving me inaccurate readings on free memory. the android one says im about 200M free. I'm getting used to it now lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I only use 3 homescreens lol. I paid for the full launcherpro. sucks for me. I think my task killer was giving me inaccurate readings on free memory. the android one says im about 200M free. I'm getting used to it now lol

You don't need a task killer. Get rid of it.

tfotos

Reaction score
I used imoseyons mods and am oc to 1.25ghz. So fast.

Just out of curiosity... how is your battery life since you've overclocked. I was going to OC this phone but am worried that the battery will last less than 5 hours. If my battery won't last at least one work shift I'll go crazy.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
rjp0615

rjp0615

Reaction score
I'm running much smoother since freezing a bunch of blur stuff. Phone is working well now.

also, I'm noticing a big difference in signal strength. where I used to pull down 1 or 2 bars, I'm now pulling down 2-3 bars.

Last edited: