Gingerbread OTA update issues? Battery and heat?

ylomnstr

Reaction score
I did my OTA update today and I had plenty of battery left. Within a couple of hours after that, the battery was dead. It was also running much warmer than before the update. I'm currently charging it, so I'll give it another go, but if this keeps up, it's going back to verizon. This is a huge mess up if you ask me.

Dubie220

Reaction score
maybe try and restart it and do a battery pull. It seems to me my battery has more power than it usually would by this time of day.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If its like the DX, do a data reset and it should fix your issues.

CM74DX

OP
Y

ylomnstr

Reaction score
I did a battery pull after the update once I noticed how hot it was running. I can try a factory reset, as much as I hate to do that, but I can try it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a battery pull after the update once I noticed how hot it was running. I can try a factory reset, as much as I hate to do that, but I can try it.

When you flash a new ROM, you need to wipe data anyway

CM74DX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

When you flash a new ROM, you need to wipe data anyway

CM74DX

Not with the OTA right?

Since it is technically a different ROM, I would. I have run all the GB leaks on my X and never had the problems people have with the OTA. Most of the time, a data and cache wipe works wonders.

CM74DX

myriad46

Reaction score
From Motorola Soak Test Forum:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/soak/verizon_soak/droidx2_gb?view=discussions

Upgraded phones get hot and slow -- let it run.
After you have upgraded your software, the phone is going to spend some time resyncing and setting up your accounts, etc. That means it's going to get hot, as high-battery drain operations = heat discharge. It also may be a bit slow during this operation. Let it run vs. pulling your battery, etc. Give it time -- even hours -- to complete. Thanks!

ashclepdia

Reaction score

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/soak/verizon_soak/droidx2_gb?view=discussions

After you have upgraded your software, the phone is going to spend some time resyncing and setting up your accounts, etc. That means it's going to get hot, as high-battery drain operations = heat discharge. It also may be a bit slow during this operation. Let it run vs. pulling your battery, etc. Give it time -- even hours -- to complete. Thanks!

It tells me I can't view that thread

myriad46

Reaction score

It tells me I can't view that thread

Oh sorry. You must need a login.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I am logged into the site I just can't view that thread...says I don't have permission from admin or something ..guess I gotta be part of soak test to see?

myriad46

Reaction score
I am logged into the site I just can't view that thread...says I don't have permission from admin or something ..guess I gotta be part of soak test to see?

I was supposed to be part of the soak, but I had my MEID wrong and never got the OTA. So I guess it is a members only forum thread.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
So how long ago did they start receiving the soak...and have any if them mentioned major problems. Wish I could are the thread :(

myriad46

Reaction score
So how long ago did they start receiving the soak...and have any if them mentioned major problems. Wish I could are the thread :(

The initial soak was done by 8 this morning. You can load the OTA if you want. Its up at XDA. I loaded that since I was out of the soak, and its working fine.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I was thinking about that but computer is down...I may just wait for the official push though. Official just sounds good lol