Gingerbread ota update bricked my phone?

jdw10100

Reaction score
It turns on but won't get signal and all apps just lock the phone up and it says some system thing and wants me to force close. when the screen goes off it will not come back on unless i pull the battery. how do i get it to unbrick itself?

bobAbooey

Reaction score
I would google sbf. I had a terrible time with the ota. I gave up, sbf'd and installed p3's 2 files.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Some system thing" will NOT assist anyone here to assist you.

Copy the exact error you got and post it here.

OP
J

jdw10100

Reaction score
Im trying to reproduce the error but it wont come up right now...it starts fine but still no service and i can get into the manu but when I go to pick settings or something else nothing happens

Snow02

Reaction score
You need to do a factory reset.

Turn the phone off. Hold home + power to turn the phone on. When the triangle graphic comes up let go of the buttons then press both volume buttons at the same time. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu, power button to select. Choose factory reset.

OP
J

jdw10100

Reaction score
is there a way to do that without getting into the settings? because it isnt doing anything when i try and click into settings.

bobAbooey

Reaction score
I ahd the same problem. Google services was fc'ing. Couldn't do anything. Had to sbf. Just my 2 cents, stay away from the ota.