Gingerbread ota halted?

tituswife

Reaction score
Spoke to HTC, who said ask a Verizon supervisor to push the update to me, that HTC sends the updates to Verizon, then Verizon pushes to customers. Verizon said HTC sends updates. Rep called HTC while I was on hold, and HTC told her they'd halted the update due to problems. Called HTC back: ota was pulled shortly after Oct 26 due to problems, but started again. Going out in small batches, and everyone should have it BY THE END OF THE YEAR! What a merry-go-round!

Have heard nothing of that here, and you all usually know more than anyone. Back to waiting.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

debrad0307

Reaction score
To be honest... that sounds like a bunch of bull. Why would my Droid x get gingerbread before your NEWER phone? I think someone lied to you or something. Do you know of anyone else ( with the same phone as you) that has not or has received the ota update? I'd start asking around...

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
I don't know anyone personally with a Tbolt. I do know my D2 received GB before any Tbolt. It's frustrating. I've tried everything but rooting.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Well if you are that itchy to get gingerbread there is probably a rom out there for your phone that will allow you to have gingerbread. You may wanna look into it. Gets you through the rest of the year until HTC gets crap together.

Sent from my DROIDX

acles003

Reaction score
Droid X got Gingerbread before the Thunderbolt because it doesn't have a SIM Card and 4GLTE. Same reason why the Incredible 2 got GB before the TBolt.

Notice how the other 4G phones (Samsung Charge and LG Revolution) are still on froyo.

I have gingerbread on my Thunderbolt but it still doesn't work right. Still gets too hot when using 3G instead of wifi and the battery life got worse after the Gingerbread update. I have even had about 5 freezes/random reboots, and yes, I already did a factory reset and no, I don't want to root my phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Rhino94

Reaction score
The combination of the 3G and the 4G lte is possibly conflicting with the gingerbread update and they are worried about it or something and maybe we will get ice cream sandwich sooner because we might have priority because of the issues.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Well if you are that itchy to get gingerbread there is probably a rom out there for your phone that will allow you to have gingerbread. You may wanna look into it. Gets you through the rest of the year until HTC gets crap together.

Sent from my DROIDX

I need to be rooted for that, correct? I'm not, and don't plan to be. Thank you, though.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Droid X got Gingerbread before the Thunderbolt because it doesn't have a SIM Card and 4GLTE. Same reason why the Incredible 2 got GB before the TBolt.

Notice how the other 4G phones (Samsung Charge and LG Revolution) are still on froyo.

I have gingerbread on my Thunderbolt but it still doesn't work right. Still gets too hot when using 3G instead of wifi and the battery life got worse after the Gingerbread update. I have even had about 5 freezes/random reboots, and yes, I already did a factory reset and no, I don't want to root my phone.

Maybe I should be grateful then, huh?

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
The combination of the 3G and the 4G lte is possibly conflicting with the gingerbread update and they are worried about it or something and maybe we will get ice cream sandwich sooner because we might have priority because of the issues.

Isn't ICS huge? The numbers I have seen wouldn't fit in a Tbolt

kb24forlife24

Reaction score
they will roll out ics for the thunderbolt......some guy emailed HTC and they replied back saying that we can confirm a build of ics will come later next year....I want cm9 though......

rbw62

Reaction score
Still no ota on my TB in Atlanta.

Reaction score
To be honest... that sounds like a bunch of bull. Why would my Droid x get gingerbread before your NEWER phone? I think someone lied to you or something. Do you know of anyone else ( with the same phone as you) that has not or has received the ota update? I'd start asking around...

Sent from my DROIDX

Well cause Motorola usually gets all newer software first. Plus they started gingerbread when the x was launch. I guess it depends on how popular the device is. The TB wasn't as popular the x. X was Verizons flagship for a while

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums