1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gingerbread or Liberty 2.0.1

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by smark22, Apr 10, 2011.

1. smark22

smark22 New Member

What are your thoughts between using the leaked gingerbread or liberty 2.0? Which one do you guys prefer? I'm currently running gingerbread, but I've been noticing poor battery life and some glitches here and there.
    Also, when sbf'ing back to froyo, does the sbf remove jrummy's market fix?

Edit: Or, if you don't use either, let me know which rom you do use and why; I totally can't decide.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. PS3Gamer

PS3Gamer New Member

Interesting you say that the GB update has poor battery life. I've noticed only improvements since 2.3.340.. Is Liberty ROM really that great on the battery?
  3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

That is odd. I am running 2.3.3 as well and have insane battery life and zero glitches or bugs

I couldn't agree more. I did have some improvements on Liberty when I moved from stock ROM but GB just improved on that.....IMO right now GB is the best for battery life. But I guess everyone has different experiences which lead to different results.
  4. Northbanu

Northbanu New Member

I'm using Gingerbread. No problems at all, after fixing a wireless tether for root issue. fast, stable, great battery life.

Used Liberty 1.5 for two weeks, loved the customizations made available, hated the crashes and crappy battery lilfe.
    Switched to Rubix Focused, loved it's stabilty, speed and smoothness.
    Used Liberty 2.0.1 for about 6 hours. Fail.
    Now using the leaked rooted Gingerbread. LOVE it! runs as smooth and quick as Rubix (maybe faster but thats just a hunch) Quandrat score: 1806.

But everyone seems to have different luck with different ROMS and alot of folks love the Gingerbread leak, others don't.

When you sbf back to froyo, you are back to stock. No root, all blur, etc..
  5. Scallywag1

Scallywag1 New Member

Gingerbread with lexlite rom is best battery life I've had yet. All day, heavy use, no prob

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. dillont

dillont New Member

I flashed to Liberty 2.0.1 from GB yesterday to try it out. It was because I could customize it a lot, but after a while I was missing GB becuase it is overall more simple, smooth and just great. Right now just running stock rooted & deodexed GB and loving it again. Decided not to flash a theme or ROM on it this time because last time i did i had some issues with the bluetooth and the stock rom is pretty nice by itself. Waiting for APEX for GB to come out, which according to Fab's twitter could be next weekend!
  7. timelord

timelord New Member

gb all the way fror me. My .340 days are over. dancedroid
  8. smark22

smark22 New Member

yeah i've noticed quite a few bugs with this GB build. right now, neither my wifi or gps are working, and it's kind of annoying, so i might be sbfing back
  9. Northbanu

Northbanu New Member

It's crazy just how different everyone's luck is with these things. Whether it's the GB leak, or a custom ROM (Liberty, Apex, Rubix, etc..) A bunch of people have great luck, and others don't. Wonder why that happens...
  10. citronbull

citronbull New Member

I installed BlueLiberty last night, quite snappy and stable. Total eye candy for me.
  11. Uncle Chan

Uncle Chan New Member

I tried both and am back on Froyo with a Galaxy theme.

12. PS3Gamer

PS3Gamer New Member

I'm noticing the gps problem too, wifi is working great.

13. PS3Gamer

PS3Gamer New Member

Okay,i take that back. Gps does work, just a different icon and only appears when needed.