Gingerbread on the D2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think ill wait for verizon to push their version of this first.

anyways i have a questions. i have CWM installed. if i do the OTA update will this erase along with the root or what?

You'll have to be at stock 2.3.2 to get the update. And if you are at that and you're rooted you will lose root.

ok im confused now so i have to be on 2.3.2 BEFORE the update is pushed?

im on System version 2.4.5 and Android version 2.2 with clockworkmod recovery installed.

Sorry. 2.2, version 2.3.2. That's the current stock official OS.

When the push comes from Verizon? My guess is you'll get the opportunity to upgrade and iif you do you will get upgraded and unrooted. For P3 Droids leak you need to be at 2.2 stock, at least that's what he told me last night. You still have to be rooted to install P3 Droid's leak but when you install it you will no longer be rooted.

arm121

Reaction score
loving gingerbread. but i wish it had the old tv tube lock screen animation. I thought that was stock on gingerbread. Maybe Moto blurred it xD

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using GB since this morning, and after a day of using it, I am extremely impressed, even without root. The transitions are smooth, and I no longer need LauncherPro.

The features are pretty awesome for being stock. You can add/remove icons on the dock. You can create your own app drawer, which allows you to technically hide the app's you don't use or need. The new SMS is very smooth compared to Froyo.

Like I said, I'm extremely happy with it at this point.

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I really miss the ad blocking in liberty, didn't realize that until I went back to stock

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

connor3485

Reaction score
anyone here able to get into recovery to wipe data? before the update i was able to hold pwr+x till the android guy showed up and then hit the HW search button and it gave me the menu...that didnt work for me neither did the volume up+camera buttons.

Also, i saw the DX got the red MotoMobility logo when they boot. On my D2 i'm still seeing the white and black logo. anybody else seeing this?

Last edited:

drinksprite

Reaction score
anyone get swype to work? its not working for me

drinksprite

Reaction score
So everyone is not having a light problem with the hardware buttons? Let me try to reboot and see if that helps.

Under display settings, choose automatic brightness. this fixed the issue for me.

tb110895

Reaction score
You now have to option to lock messages and delete multiple messages in side the thread.
Might take some pics for those of you that haven't seen it. (Can't take screenies yet)

Sent from my DROID2

phlux

Reaction score
I'm assuming that I can't flash the GB ROM on 2.2.1? I'm reading on the TBH app that I need to be on 2.3.20 firmware, but I've always been at 2.2.1, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

When I go to Settings -> About Phone -> Android Version, it says 2.2.1, but I've never received an update for that, and every time I checked before I was rooted (which wasn't very long ago) it said I was fully updated.

If I need to get to 2.3.20, are there any instructions on how to do so? Should I unroot and flash back to stock? Thanks in advance...

louy99

Reaction score
i use to run liberty 1.5 and had the hotspot tether hack. i was curious if the hack patch was still installed when i flashed GB. i turned on the 3g hotspot and surfed the web without having a verizon website popup first to accept hotspot terms and agreement...does this mean it's still hacked? if so, that rocks!! i also have a much higher quadrant score with GB. before it was 1535 overclocked @ 1.2ghz and now its 1630. im cool with that.dancedroid does anyone else have free tether too?

louy99

Reaction score
I'm assuming that I can't flash the GB ROM on 2.2.1? I'm reading on the TBH app that I need to be on 2.3.20 firmware, but I've always been at 2.2.1, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

When I go to Settings -> About Phone -> Android Version, it says 2.2.1, but I've never received an update for that, and every time I checked before I was rooted (which wasn't very long ago) it said I was fully updated.

If I need to get to 2.3.20, are there any instructions on how to do so? Should I unroot and flash back to stock? Thanks in advance...

i have a 2.3.20 sbf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17968786/droid/VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf

phlux

Reaction score

i have a 2.3.20 sbf

Thanks! Should I follow standard SBF flashing protocol, or do I need to do something special? I'm currently running Liberty 1.5..I don't want to flash the wrong SBF and end up in a bootloop.

connor3485

Reaction score

android version is different than system version. 2.3.20 is the moto system version, which runs android 2.2.

louy99

Reaction score

i have a 2.3.20 sbf

Thanks! Should I follow standard SBF flashing protocol, or do I need to do something special? I'm currently running Liberty 1.5..I don't want to flash the wrong SBF and end up in a bootloop.

I was on liberty 1.5 too when I had to use it...you should be good

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

phlux

Reaction score

android version is different than system version. 2.3.20 is the moto system version, which runs android 2.2.

I don't have a "System Version."