Gingerbread on the D2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged, no sense in having two threads on the same subject. BnB came out about a minute before I did with this thread so we will use this one.

edwards2243

Reaction score
GB!!!!

I'm rooted and running Liberty 1.5...How do I get back to stock in order to get gingerbread? I, unfortunately, deleted some of the bloatware without backing it up. Will I be able to SBF to get it back to stock? I have a nandroid backup from right after I rooted, but I'm not sure if it was before or after I flashed liberty 1.0. What other options will I have if I don't get the OTA update?

It's crazy to think that just last week people were ranting about the D2 not getting GB..and then this happens hahaha dancedroid Cheers!

Flowah

Reaction score
If I make a backup while rooted on Liberty 1.5, and I install this GB 2.3.3, I know I lose root. Do I also lose the ability to go back to my rooted update on liberty 1.5 through clockwork recovery? Or if I decide I want to go back, can I just pop back into the CRM menu and restore?

@edwards
1. Download this file from the TBH app or download below
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]recovery[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR].
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware)
4. Install the Firmware using recovery
1. select install [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]zip[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded
5. Restart phone
6. Re-activate your phone
1. dial *228
2. select 1

If your phone bootloops you need to wipe [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]data[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] to enter recovery:

1. hold down x and power button
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset ---press power button to select
4, reboot [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]system[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

If your phone asks you to select/create an account

1. press the home button
2. go to accounts (you may be sent there automatically)
3. select done

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone else check the smileys on Gtalk? I can't work with them, they don't stay on when you long press. If you try sliding your finger across to the smiley you want it doesn't get highlighted.

edwards2243

Reaction score
If I make a backup while rooted on Liberty 1.5, and I install this GB 2.3.3, I know I lose root. Do I also lose the ability to go back to my rooted update on liberty 1.5 through clockwork recovery? Or if I decide I want to go back, can I just pop back into the CRM menu and restore?

@edwards
1. Download this file from the TBH app or download below
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]recovery[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR].
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware)
4. Install the Firmware using recovery
1. select install [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]zip[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded
5. Restart phone
6. Re-activate your phone
1. dial *228
2. select 1

If your phone bootloops you need to wipe [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]data[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] to enter recovery:

1. hold down x and power button
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset ---press power button to select
4, reboot [COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#C80000 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]system[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

If your phone asks you to select/create an account

1. press the home button
2. go to accounts (you may be sent there automatically)
3. select done

Thanks, Flowah. So I won't have any issues for not having some of the bloatware? I've heard that people can't get the OTA update without all the pre-installed apps...So I'm assuming it's not the case with this release?

djstarion

Reaction score
For those that installed already, did CarDock install too?

EDIT: Nevermind, the icon doesn't show, but I used Dock Simulator and it indeed does work. Same one, except rethemed. Looks a ton better

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for someone to check the smilies in Gtalk.

Lights on bottom have gone out again. :(

Flowah

Reaction score
Thanks, Flowah. So I won't have any issues for not having some of the bloatware? I've heard that people can't get the OTA update without all the pre-installed apps...So I'm assuming it's not the case with this release?
I came from Liberty 1.5 too and did just this exact method I told you. Everything worked fine.

I do have a question for the thread though.

[POSSIBLE BUG]
My notifications are acting funny. I have a short half second beep as my notification for google voice. It goes off like 20 times in rapid succession and then stops. Very annoying. It does this for everything. Email, Gtalk, all notification sounds. Anyone else have this problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those that installed already, did CarDock install too?

EDIT: Nevermind, the icon doesn't show, but I used Dock Simulator and it indeed does work. Same one, except rethemed. Looks a ton better

Is there suppose to be a reason why no car dock in 2.3? BTW there are many replacements in the Market, but I downloaded the one you suggested and even though it says doesn't work with 2.2 that well, it brought up the car dock just fine.

djstarion

Reaction score
Did anyone else get an error using swype? Saying that it was configured for another device?

Reaction score
I have downloaded the gingerbread and am currently using it and I am wondering, is this the exact same version that verizon will eventually push out to us? Because if not why wold I want to sbf to get that one rather than keep this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
I've been runnin this for a couple hours and its kinda laggy. And some people are saying this is the best rom they've ever used. Should i try a factory reset

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App