Gingerbread on the D2

dbst

Reaction score
Ok so if they name the updates alphabeticaly then what happens when they reach Z? Just curious. Do they start over again or do they use numbers?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

It will be a loooooooong time before they have to worry about that

abhoward9

Reaction score
I know they're not being sold anymore. My issue is that if I'm going to be required to keep a single phone for two years, Google/Motorola needs to send periodic firmware updates (Gingerbread!).

For the record: gingerbread is not a firmware update.

Inverse

Reaction score
Just a question but why is everyone itching for GB? Any specific reason?

It could be because I'm rooted, but with GummyJar and Liberty, I don't know if I'm all that rushed for a Motorblur Gingerbread update.

Is it the keyboard? Its been ported. Is it the black notification bar? The speed? The animations?

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Gingerbread because its the latest and newest thing, that's why mostly every one here tricks their devices so they can alter the softwear and have the newest and latest versions out there, every one wants to be the first to have it, its a luxury I guess to show off to your non rooted friends that you already have the rom update that they won't be receiving until a few months from now.

tb110895

Reaction score
Gingerbread because its the latest and newest thing, that's why mostly every one here tricks their devices so they can alter the softwear and have the newest and latest versions out there, every one wants to be the first to have it, its a luxury I guess to show off to your non rooted friends that you already have the rom update that they won't be receiving until a few months from now.

That happened to me today. I wasn't showing off or anything but my friend saw it and said "How did you get the 2.3 update already!?"
I'm running liberty with the gingerbread theme and a gingerbread themed launcher pro, keyboard and all lol.
He might not ever see gingerbread either dancedroid

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Well I do show off some times to friends that dnt know about rooting, I'm running gummyjar with launcherproplus and I'm using a blacked out theme that shows a 4G icon instead of 3G, that catches their attention lol

DJBlue

Reaction score
Well I do show off some times to friends that dnt know about rooting, I'm running gummyjar with launcherproplus and I'm using a blacked out theme that shows a 4G icon instead of 3G, that catches their attention lol

Yeah, until they see the network speed that we DON'T have... (that is, if you're on Verizon's network like me)

Last edited:

wioneo

Reaction score
Just a question but why is everyone itching for GB? Any specific reason?

It could be because I'm rooted, but with GummyJar and Liberty, I don't know if I'm all that rushed for a Motorblur Gingerbread update.

Is it the keyboard? Its been ported. Is it the black notification bar? The speed? The animations?

Sent from a Liberated Droid 2

All I want is a music player that is not horrible and has a lock screen control screen that doesn't lag.

Also it's new.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
^^^^^I'm with you on that one, I am running gummyjar and I personally think the player sux, and I cnt control the music through the lock screen like on blur.

trook

Reaction score
Gummy jar doesnt have lockscreen music controls?? I could have swore it did. You guys should try the connected music player. Its the beez neez.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
That's the name? Connected music player? I really need something since I use my phone to bump music in my ride.

Presi

Reaction score
^^^^^I'm with you on that one, I am running gummyjar and I personally think the player sux, and I cnt control the music through the lock screen like on blur.

Liberate that mother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Liberate that mother.

As of now I am running liberty 1.5 and I'm luvin it. No problems yet. I figured out that the lock screen music control only works if u have a slide lock screen, it doesn't work with pattern lock.

Last edited by a moderator: