Gingerbread on my Eris

shov76

Reaction score
Yup..got it. jumped past froyo and flashed [ROM][STABLE] GSB v1.2 |MMS Fixed| GingerBread 2.3.2 [CM7.0.0 RC0 NIGHTLY][2-7-2011]

Everything works but the GPS is a little iffy at the moment. But that's about it. For a new ROM this is realitivly trouble free. Gonna be my daily going forward. Came from XTRSense which was really good so you can only imagine. I found that I can do without sense as long as I can have my Gingerbread.
Go ahead and do it.....ya know ya wanna

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
GPS works good for me, ROM is a little laggy though but I haven't installed setcpu or autokiller yet. Still think kaosfroyo was better for now.

Update: This ROM is awesome, got setcpu running and this ROM is ridiculously good!

Sent from my GSBv1.2 using DroidForums App

Woodstorm

Reaction score
It really is a sweet little ROM. Three days with no issues.

What are you set at with setcpu? I have it running at 710 via CM.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

Woodstorm

Reaction score
Great tip. Thanks! I hear 1.4 was released. Have not checked though...

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Great tip. Thanks! I hear 1.4 was released. Have not checked though...

The CM7 rom that workshed has been working on has actually started having quite a bit of issues. Tazz's CM7 rom on the other hand is now completely stable so I flashed to his. Everything works very good on it, had it flashed for 2 days now and haven't had a single issue !!!

Woodstorm

Reaction score
About to flash GSB 1.4 will let you know how it works. Supposedly v1.4 fixed almost all the issues.

Dawg72

Reaction score
Does the camera in 1.4 work? I have 1.3 downloaded on my wifes Eris and she is having constant force closes on the camera. Will flash 1.4 later tonight to see if that fixes it. And where can I find a link for Tazz's CM7? Thanks

Woodstorm

Reaction score
Running 1.4 with no issues so far. Nav working well and have not had any camera issues. The LP theme that Shed is using isn't particularly my favorite but there is discussion about the next version going back to the standard LP dock.

Sent from my GSBv1.4-ERIS using DroidForums App

RootedEris

Reaction score
trying to flash gsb 1.9, but i do a wipe of data and cache, then when i got to select flash from zip gsb isnt there, ive also noticed that the gsb file i downloaded doesn't show on my computer as a zip file either ???? help any one

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
trying to flash gsb 1.9, but i do a wipe of data and cache, then when i got to select flash from zip gsb isnt there, ive also noticed that the gsb file i downloaded doesn't show on my computer as a zip file either ???? help any one

Where did you download it from? I saw on one forum where the zip file was a zip of a zip. You had to extract the zip from the zip, then put it out to your sdcard.

If it isn't showing up as a zip file on your PC then install 7zip. Download

RootedEris

Reaction score
alright fixed the zip problem by just compressing the files, but now when i got to flash them in recovery mode it says installation aborted, no signature