Gingerbread on May 27th

Beka27

Reaction score
Wasn't it the upgrade to 2.2 that resulted in a million DXs, mine included, having constant reboot issues? Maybe not for sure, there are a lot of varying factors of course, but I know the number of stock people having reboot problem increased exponentially following the 2.2 OTA.

Scubamike

Reaction score
Where does it say the 27th?

To my chagrin, I don't see where Verizon said we'll see this update today.

Software Update: DROID X by Motorola

I went to this link and read both .pdf files. Maybe I skimmed right over it, but I can't find the 27th of May posted anywhere.

I will admit, in spite of not being able to find the date on Verizon's site, I've completely bought into the hype and have built this up to my coworkers who also have the X. We are all very anxious for the window to pop up on our devices.

I'll be watching this thread closely for the first report of the OTA notification.

Last edited:

xush

Reaction score
I would view the update as I do all app updates these days; I'm going to look at the comments and experiences of those who take it and see what the overall consensus is. I like how my phone is running now & don't want to risk changes that aren't necessarily improvements. I'll see what others like about it and how stable it is first.

I know an update of the OS is different than a simple app upgrade, but I've had bad experiences with updates many times & I'd just rather wait & make sure it's relatively stable and worth the trouble.

jcutter347

Reaction score
Who cares if they know you are rooted? They aren't going to eat you. Last I checked this was America. If they don't want these devices used like this then they shouldn't make them. Is Ford going to get mad every time someone puts a supercharger on a mustang? No way. You paid for the phone, do what you want. It only affects you if you brick it. Then you may have to pay full price. They won't cancel your contract. That is money in their pockets from both angles. Learn to SBF and you will have no problems. I have always used a leaked version of software. The only official VZW software that has ever been on my phone is the one it came with when I bought it. Remeber, this isn't bo ricker apple. It's Motorola. The only true cellular phone company that has ever been any good!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

I went to this link and read both .pdf files. Maybe I skimmed right over it, but I can't find the 27th of May posted anywhere.

I will admit, in spite of not being able to find the date on Verizon's site, I've completely bought into the hype and have built this up to my coworkers who also have the X. We are all very anxious for the window to pop up on our devices.

I'll be watching this thread closely for the first report of the OTA notification.

@VZWSupport is tweeting to peeps that the update is starting today and that there is no specific time users will begin to see it.

belanova

Reaction score

@VZWSupport is tweeting to peeps that the update is starting today and that there is no specific time users will begin to see it.
Thats true hopefully we get the update today

wyld

Reaction score
I know I'm not blind it did say the 27th on it in red bold at the top lol

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

OP
G

gsdreams

Reaction score
@VZWSupport
Beginning 5/27, a new update to the Gingerbread OS will be available on the DROID X. Visit Software Update: DROID X by Motorola for more info. *JB

This is what they said on Twitter...
And this..

@VZWSupport
There is no specific time when you'll see the update. It will begin 5/27. Visit Software Update: DROID X by Motorola for more info. *JB

Documentation at work showed that it will be available for download via system update on the 1st

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Scubamike

Reaction score
Yes, but-...

What do we really know about this GinaH character. The name sounds sketchy to me.

j/k...

Thanks for the links. That is exactly what I was looking for. All this information sounds very optimistic.

wyld

Reaction score
A chosen set of users that test software over a period of time soaking lol

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!