Gingerbread on May 27th

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
They will know your rooted or tampered with your device.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds extreme. Not sure they would jump to that conclusion.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Droid annoymous

Reaction score

Im positive they do think that updates are pushed to your devices wether you want it to or.not and will continue to prompt you to update if you decided not.to accept or the update is being pushed through they will know your rooted or your device was tampered with.

CD95YJ

Reaction score

Im positive they do think that updates are pushed to your devices wether you want it to or.not and will continue to prompt you to update if you decided not.to accept or the update is being pushed through they will know your rooted or your device was tampered with.

I wouldn't say they will know, rather they will believe its rooted. I know people who ran a stock Droid and still refused updates because people reported issues and their phone was running just fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

R

RETG

What good will it do for Verizon to even monitor if you upgrade or not? Most people who have ever had a BB and had updates will wait for a month or two before upgrading. If Verizon doesn't like it, they can send a rep out to my house and we'll see how it works after he/she removes it from where I will insert it.

And, my X is non-rooted and except for a few purchased and free programs via the market place, it is as stock as the day I received it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My mom has an LG Ally and waits more than a month to upgrade. She does have an annoying notification telling her to upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, why do you not want to upgrade? Is it because of what you read in the Forums?

Every upgrade on every device I've ever seen there is always someone who holds out because of what they read. If you have an issue after the upgrade more then likely all it will take to fix it will be a factory data reset. And you got to keep in mind that the vast majority of people who have smart phones don't even read the Forums. They see upgrade, great and just do it.

So when the upgrade comes just accept it. It won't harm your phone. Don't believe everything you read.

USAFgunner

Reaction score
OP, why do you not want to upgrade? Is it because of what you read in the Forums?

Every upgrade on every device I've ever seen there is always someone who holds out because of what they read. If you have an issue after the upgrade more then likely all it will take to fix it will be a factory data reset. And you got to keep in mind that the vast majority of people who have smart phones don't even read the Forums. They see upgrade, great and just do it.

So when the upgrade comes just accept it. It won't harm your phone. Don't believe everything you read.

Hmmm....after the thunderbolt ota many phones were plagued with constant reboots that a hard reset wouldn't fix...had mine replaced and luckily the ota wasn't applied...going on three days without a reboot

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
These updates are there to improve android. You don't want to improve android? The updates make android better and fix the small issues that are there. Look how android has gotten better from 1.5, 2.1,2.2( flash) and now 2.3. Big improvements. Doesn't make sinse to not upgrade unless you don't want to improve android for the better.

Antob125

Reaction score
This is what I got running GB 595 with milestone overclock set to 1.3ghz

wyld

Reaction score
Ok did a check for system update no gingerbread yet! Lol

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!