Gingerbread Market Fix

yurdle

Reaction score
Currently my droid x does not show all apps available in the market(or as many as it should). I know in previous leaks we needed to edit build.prop to get things to work properly.

Can anyone post a copy of a working build.prop, or tell me how to edit my own to make the market show the missing apps.

Much appreciated =-)

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
Jrummy16 posted a fix.apk earlier today

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Okay, can you post a link to it(the thread)? I did do a search and all I could find was some older threads, and threads not pertaining to the droid x.

Thank you =)

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
Awesome, Thanks =) Guess I should have thought of checking twitter =P

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
what apps werent showing up just curious

I don't have a list or anything but PayPal was one of them, also I believe Minimalist Text. Those are two I use that I noticed I didn't have after Market restored all my apps at first.
I'm sure I had a few others I didn't notice because I don't use much.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are you still rooted? Or are you on the unrooted GB leak?

fix.apk worked fine for me.

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are you still rooted? Or are you on the unrooted GB leak?

fix.apk worked fine for me.

Genius, lol, not sure why I didn't think about that.
The fix.apk will not work for unrooted phones, because the app requires root access to edit the build.prop file.
The file worked just fine for me. but couldn't really think of why it didn't work for others. That explains it though.
That or you missed the superuser request like me the first time. hit the fix button and set my phone aside and didn't look at it, rebooted and it didn't work, ran it again and saw the request.
/facepalm

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Strangely enough, fix.apk wasn't a complete fix for me, as there were 5 apps that still didn't restore from the market for me. (Out of 171, not that terrible, really. Gotta love appbrain's ability to save your app list.) Restored all but one from backups, but going to the app store online, I still get an app not compatible for the last one. (It's just a live wall, so it is not a crucial part of my daily routine, but it ranks not being able to get it.)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zoe

Reaction score
well maybe that app isn't compatible with GB then. some aren't and you can't expect every dev to update for every leaked release immediately. I've had a few apps not working the way they used to and I'll just have to wait til they get to it, new firmware and all

[insert_here]

stewdaddy123

Reaction score
I have downloaded the fix.apk thinking it may fix the problem I am having. I can not download anything from the market, nothing. It says "your item will be downloaded", then nothing, the download acts and looks like it will start, then nothing, any help?