Gingerbread Leaked!

Asphyx

Reaction score
I don't see anything regarding unlocked bootloader but I do know it will be rooted whenever the file is done uploading.
Should have it later tonite, the person uploading it had to go to work when he noticed the Upload stalled.

It will at minimum be rooted but I wouldn't expect more than that at this point and truthfully thats all we really need anyway to get CM7 (now Official) working on a GB Kernel. (if in fact the kernal has changed at all!)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can guarantee you that the bootloader wont be unlocked.

random rom'd X

rusty815

Reaction score
quick question, why does the file say blur version 2.4.330? thats the current version...

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
Aceoyame claims the bootloader is unlocked, so we will see.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
quick question, why does the file say blur version 2.4.330? thats the current version...
They were lazy or something in naming it :laugh:
Anyways, removing bootstrap botched logwrapper somehow. Gonna sbf quickly then update. If it's unlocked, then my attempt to push SPRecovery will go through without a problem.

Aw nuts. It gave a critical error when trying to push the update. Video will take half an hour at least to upload. Stuck in roaming as well. I think it may be a good idea to go and sbf now.

Last edited:

rusty815

Reaction score
im currently in the middle of sbf'ing, im going to flash it as soon as im done, ill keep you guys updated. another question, is there a way to test if the bootloader is unlocked without the risk of bricking my phone? hahaha

nawdman

Reaction score
The guys over at Rootzwiki, are working on this to see if it has an unlocked bootloader and to see if we can SBF this. Hopefully soon we will have the answers. dancedroid

timgman

Reaction score
Installed and running..

Seems pretty solid. I was at the sbf and kept denying updates so may active sync with zimbra would not break.. the abf version worked and the ota did not.. the Gingerbread leak seems pretty solid..
you will need to be at the second level before you update though.. the sbf will not directly install the up[date.zip.
I did the complete install without root BTW...

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Ok guys, update. SPRecovery attempt did NOT go through. I got a critical error attempting this, but the phone still booted fine. I presume bootloader is NOT unlocked. Video is being uploaded. Long one.

OP
E

ExodusC

Reaction score
Personally I'm going to wait until we get root and get the Gingerbread kernel running as a base for CyanogenMod.

By the way, CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global got merged today, which means official status!

xcodybx

Reaction score
Personally I'm going to wait until we get root and get the Gingerbread kernel running as a base for CyanogenMod.

By the way, CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global got merged today, which means official status!

this is what I was wondering.
should I go ahead and make the switch or just wait?

timgman

Reaction score
I sbfed a week ago.. the bluetooth issues and what-not were killing me... :)