Gingerbread Leaked For Droid X! Get It Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenna728

Reaction score
I read that you will have to use the Droid 2 bootstrap if you're on the rooted GB rom, am I missing something?

I'm really loving Liberty 1.5 right now, not sure if I should try this. I do love Gingerbread though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

leonozug

Reaction score
I read that you will have to use the Droid 2 bootstrap if you're on the rooted GB rom, am I missing something?

I'm really loving Liberty 1.5 right now, not sure if I should try this. I do love Gingerbread though.

The D2 Bootstrap will work? Wish I knew that 10 minutes ago! lol!
Oh well, started fresh with an SBF.

jenna728

Reaction score
That's what it says on Mydroidworld... I hope it does, my computer is dead so I have no way to SBF.

Last edited:

b1ackplague

Reaction score
Oh boy...got this rooted DX Gingerbread running, it's, but I wanted to flash back to RubiX and now when I try to get into Clockwork with the DX Bootstrap, it just goes to a black screen. Damn. I pull the battery, and can get it up and running again no problem, but I seem to be stuck on this rooted Ginberbread build. What gives??

Search and read next time.

If you would have installed the "DROID 2 bootstrap" (as opposed to DROID X bootstrap) you would have been able to bootstrap recovery.

timelord

Reaction score
That's what it says on Mydroidworld... I hope it does, my computer is dead so I have no way to SBF.

I read another post where a guy used a PC at his local library, downloaded the rsdlite and the sbf file and did it there. So not having a pc shouldn't stop you. :)

jenna728

Reaction score
LOL thats pretty good. I just went to my friends, Gingerbread is so fast on this phone! Now to get the screen off animation working.

Jordan8

Reaction score
LOL thats pretty good. I just went to my friends, Gingerbread is so fast on this phone! Now to get the screen off animation working.

I've been trying to find a way to do this. Only thing I've managed to figure out would be to download the screen off & lock app, & make a service & have the power button launch the app giving it the animation.

[GUIDE] How to Remap Hardkey Actions || Custom App Launching - xda-developers info on launching a custom app via a hardkey is at the bottom of the 1st post. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than myself could help us out :p

Update: Think I found a better way to do this, trying now.
Update 2: http://bit.ly/eai2I8

Last edited:

mikep0303

Reaction score

I've been trying to find a way to do this. Only thing I've managed to figure out would be to download the screen off & lock app, & make a service & have the power button launch the app giving it the animation.

[GUIDE] How to Remap Hardkey Actions || Custom App Launching - xda-developers info on launching a custom app via a hardkey is at the bottom of the 1st post. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable than myself could help us out :p

Update: Think I found a better way to do this, trying now.

[GUIDE] Enabling old-school CRT off animation in Gingerbread - xda-developers
Works great for me...

superglen99

Reaction score
guys my notification LED does not work. Does anyone have a fix? also my 4 bottom buttons backlight are not working either. Other then that GB rocks!

leonozug

Reaction score
Oh boy...got this rooted DX Gingerbread running, it's, but I wanted to flash back to RubiX and now when I try to get into Clockwork with the DX Bootstrap, it just goes to a black screen. Damn. I pull the battery, and can get it up and running again no problem, but I seem to be stuck on this rooted Ginberbread build. What gives??

Search and read next time.

If you would have installed the "DROID 2 bootstrap" (as opposed to DROID X bootstrap) you would have been able to bootstrap recovery.

Ouch!! A Junior Droid telling a Master Droid not to be an idiot!! lol
My bad...next time I'll have to exercize more caution...lol

bd1212

Reaction score

Go into ROM Manager and flash the D2 Clockworkmod Recovery, NOT the DX one.

Status
Not open for further replies.