Gingerbread Leaked For Droid X! Get It Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan8

Reaction score
I know very little about android developing, I've always done PHP & such. But does anybody know of its possible to have the power button launch an app, rather than lock the screen?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i've seen an app on xda that could remap buttons, but it was a while ago and it required root iirc.

Jordan8

Reaction score
i've seen an app on xda that could remap buttons, but it was a while ago and it required root iirc.

Herm I'll have to read into it tmrw. If we could get the power button to launch the app screen off & lock, say hello to animations :p

Cmonson

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how the battery life is with the leak?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Can you back up your rom and flash back to it from this leak if you needed to or no

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Jejackson

Reaction score
did anyone else notice the data encryption option in the locations and security settings. Has that always been there? Whatever the case how useful is it to have enabled?

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
This thing is effing FAST...got a 1692 quadrant score...not faster than my tbolt but im liking gb so far :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mbjr

Reaction score
flashing back to rubix, blur is blur and I don't like it. Looking forward to seeing what the developers can do with this though, there are some killer new features.

Reaction score
this is great so far. i actually uninstalled launcher pro. the improved blur is really nice and smooth. no more wading through all your facebook contacts to find a number. just untick a box in the contacts menu and they're gone. the only problems i've run into are from not wiping prior to installing GB. for example, i froze my blur email program on apex, and now i can't check my hotmail on my phone. not a huge deal since everything important goes to gmail, but i'll probably wipe and resinstall stuff once root is gained and i can restore app data.

for anyone scared to take the plunge, i would say if you are comfortable enough to sbf, there is no reason you shouldn't just at least try it, just backup before. when you are ready to go back, flash the .340 sbf, reroot, and restore your backup (but you knew that already)

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Where do I go to download gb or what app? I'm rooted with Darkslide but anxious to try this out.

Reaction score
Im having an issue when I want to add an app from the app drawer. I long press the app and now a screen pops up and I select add to home screen but the app never shows up on my home screen.

I just tried and worked for me..tapped add to home then it showed up and told me to drag it where I wanted
Still not working on mine. I might sfb back and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.