Gingerbread Leaked For Droid X! Get It Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyb69

Reaction score
The issue with the sync icon is an error with blurcontactsync.apk. It is still trying to sync contacts even though they have all be synced from activation. THE FIX: go into root explorer, look for blurcontactssync.apk under system/app and add .bak to the end. You should see the icon disappear immediately. If you remove the .bak it will come back in just a short time.

Now I plan to just leave it named this way until I either add a few contacts to my list and need to resync, or until an official release is made or we have a rom released.

I hope this helps all of you. It should fix issues with battery life too. Good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pkbest

Reaction score
The post says that gingerbread has not been able to be rooted. Says they're working on it but is there any chance it simply can't be rooted at all? Forgive me if it's a stupid question. I'm brand new to the smartphone world and I'd hate to lose the opportunity to play with root privileges because I let this update get pushed onto my phone. Should I take preventative action now just in case?

My root is working just fine with it :) Not that there really is a need for root now. GB is SWEET!

Scallywag1

Reaction score
The post says that gingerbread has not been able to be rooted. Says they're working on it but is there any chance it simply can't be rooted at all? Forgive me if it's a stupid question. I'm brand new to the smartphone world and I'd hate to lose the opportunity to play with root privileges because I let this update get pushed onto my phone. Should I take preventative action now just in case?

My root is working just fine with it :) Not that there really is a need for root now. GB is SWEET!

Umm yea there is....to overclock.
2097 quadrant on first attempt

zwolf4444

Reaction score
I'm getting massive slowdown/lag anytime i try to skip ahead in a video. The phone essentially slows to a crawl and becomes unusable. Anyone else getting this?

mondragon1992

Reaction score
Getting about 15 hour battery life with this loving it!!!!!!

superglen99

Reaction score
Ia anyone elsewhere notification led not working? Also the button backlight does not always come on. Any help?

Reaction score
i had seen a few posts where people had issues with the notification led and handcent. could be that handcent is not yet updated for compatibility with GB on the X (along with alot of other apps). keep in mind, this is not an official release, so not everything is going to be perfect. for the minor things, you may have to chalk them up to a downside of running leaked software

Mhead85

Reaction score
Anyone try to enable wireless tether. It says your account must be activated to use visit att.com?

TayDee

Reaction score
Guys im stuck in bootloop. I held down the power and home key, once the triangle came I pressed the two volume button and wiped the data and hit reboot after that but its still not working. What do I do?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wipe cache a few times seperately..... if that doesn't work then sbf back and give it another go, sometimes you just get a bad install.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Reaction score
Always check your md5 stuff make sure after your move the zip to your phone your use an md5 checker to see if your zip isn't corrupt.

superbay

Reaction score

After following the tutorial, i'm stuck at red Motorola logo. Cant go further than that. Even when i force it into stock recovery, the menu wont appear even after i pressed search key. Already wiped everything before and already reflashed the sbf once again but it's still the same. Was there something wrong that i might have done?​

Status
Not open for further replies.