Gingerbread Leaked For Droid X! Get It Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

0reo

Reaction score
The post says that gingerbread has not been able to be rooted. Says they're working on it but is there any chance it simply can't be rooted at all? Forgive me if it's a stupid question. I'm brand new to the smartphone world and I'd hate to lose the opportunity to play with root privileges because I let this update get pushed onto my phone. Should I take preventative action now just in case?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it will probably get rooted soon and this is not going to be an ota update just yet. right now it's totally elective.

dakoop

Reaction score
Not rooted but is very very nice. It will tide me over till the bolt arrives. Might make me sad to lose the x.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bloodmut

Reaction score
GBread Concern

Noob question -

As I understand, you need root to install this blur gingerbread, but upon doing so will lose root. How do I get back to my Rubix goodness if this gingerbread isn't rooted?

CMay

Reaction score
Just got done downloading and its so freakn sweet..i love it..realy wish it wldnt have gotn leaked but i have to say nice job TeamBlackHat!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
not really feeling the blue, but so far so good. it's nice to finally have the option to hide facebook contacts

Natey2

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone taking the risk to test it on the DroidX. Please test Gingerbread thoroughly and report any issues.
By the time it is available OTA the rest of us conservative DroidX users can decide if we want it.
Wait... Verizon might not give us that choice to choose if we want it... but I know what to expect from my Froyo. Gingerbread is an unknown. Maybe the resource leaks have been fixed...

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
Why do you need to wipe data/cache if the OTA update won't require you to?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
It didn't leak. P3droid asked TBH users if we minded a public release. You can see the outcome

DJxPanda

Reaction score
so.. let me make sure i'm doing this right...

first i'm downloading the zip file onto my sd card. i'm downloading it from my phone and its saving to my downloads folder. secondly, i'm bootstrapping making a back up and wiping data and cache. thirdly, i'm going to the place where the zip is located through the install from zip selection and then selecting the zip file, which is monster_2.... whatever the thing is. and then letting it go and installing.. but its saying that it can't open the file and its a bad install and then aborts the install. what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.