Gingerbread leak

mjs1015

Reaction score
What is the latest version of the gingerbread leak? I just want to keep up to date. I am running system version 4.5.153.A955. If there is a better version could you please include a link to the download. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's the latest one I've found. I haven't flashed it yet but it's on my sd just waiting. I wanted to make sure I had the latest leak and the one you're on seems to be it for the d2

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I could be wrong but to my knowledge there was one leak and one leak only, and I doubt there will be another. However, there are so called "nightly builds" of Liberty Rom based on the Gingerbead leak.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
+1 ^^^ there was only 1 leak and thats it and as stated the nightlights are being pushed right now for liberty untill it becomes stable enough for a beta release then after that it will be perfected for a full release

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
+1 ^^^ there was only 1 leak and thats it and as stated the nightlights are being pushed right now for liberty untill it becomes stable enough for a beta release then after that it will be perfected for a full release

Thanks for clearing up the one leak issue with certainty. I dont know I would even go with regular GB at this point. We have to keep in mind it was a leak. It was not a finished product. The leak seem pretty split at this time in regards to stability.

likebandits

Reaction score
So here's where I'm at.. I'm a bit confused on how to install Liberty Gingerbread v0.4 or .5 on my D2. I know I have to be on the 4.5.588 leak before going into the Nightlies. I've looked at soooo many forums and such and it keeps bringing me back to a Droid X forum that specifies I have to sbf to the 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware before I can even get the 4.5.588 leak.
My question is this; is there another way to install Liberty Gingerbread v0.5? Can someone give me some kind of step by step?
I know how how to sbf using RSD Lite but I don't know where to get the 2.3.340 Froyo Firmware .. I think?? .. I'm confused!!!! ha

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe you are confusing the dx with the d2. You need to get the monster 2.3.2_4. 5.153_updater.rooted.zip file. This is the only leak out for the d2. You flash it like you would any other rom (so I'm told), then you can flash liberty gb. I've heard its not so stable yet on the d2. That's why I'm holding off until it's final release. Loving liberty 2.0.1. Hope this helps

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz