Gingerbread leak

BalistikBill

Reaction score
So is it really possible to get? All the links to the download don't work and the file was removed. Anyone have a good link and instructions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Here's the files and instructions I followed. It has the latest pre-rooted version of GB 588. And it works perfect. Make sure you know what your doing before you attempt this. If you've never used RSDlite to SBF your phone, then I would recommend not trying it until you learn how and have tried it out. But here's the link http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...erbread-2-3-3-4-5-588-install-patch-root.html

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BalistikBill

BalistikBill

Reaction score
Thanks.... so I have to flash back to original firmware? Can't install over gummy jar?

Reaction score
Nope. You have to get back to stock Froyo 2.2 version and make sure you at version .340. I prefer to start from a clean phone, so I just sbf'd back to stock , I was on DarkSlide 4.2. Give me one sec and I will post the exact instructions I followed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BalistikBill

BalistikBill

Reaction score
I know how to flash back to 2.2 froyo, but the. I gotta reroot blah blah. Is it worth goin to gingerbread?

Reaction score
ok, so heres a better set of instructions to follow, rather then the ones in the thread I gave you (you still need those three files from the First post in that thread tho) their are basically the same instructions but with a few tweaks that will make it install and RUN better.

Okay this is what I did....

1) SBF Back to 2.3.340 (Do Not try to Shortcut the Process and use an SBF in Update.zip Format)

2) If you Bootloop after SBF no Big Deal Just Battery Pull go into Stock Recovery and Factory Reset a few times. I recommend 3 or 4. (To get into 2.3.340 Stock Recovery Battery Pull if Bootlooping or Power Down if Booted, The Hold Power and Home Until the Droid Pops Up with the Exclamation Hit The Search Key and it will take you into Stock Recovery) EVEN IF YOU DON'T BOOTLOOP YOU SHOULD FACTORY RESET AS INSTRUCTED AT THIS STAGE OF THE INSTALLATION!!

3) I recommend having Droid 2 Bootstrap and z4root for the next step. Here is what I do. After the Factory Reset Boot Up I Activate the Phone but Skip Gmail Sign in. Goto Settings/Applications and Turn On Unknown Sources. Then goto Settings/Applications/Development and Turn on USB Debugging. After this I goto the Files App in the App Drawer and Navigate to Where I have these Apps Stored On My SD Card. I install BootStrap first then z4Root the reason is I can click Open on z4Root once install is complete and go Straight to rooting. z4Root will Run and the phone will reboot.

4) Once the Phone is rebooted goto the App Drawer and Straight to Droid 2 Bootstrap and Bootstrap Recovery and Flash the 3 Stage Process per P3Droid's OP instructions. Once the 3 Stage Process is COMPLETE Reboot Your Phone and Once Your phone is rebooted Power in Down and Go into Stock Recovery again. (The Only Difference is to get into Stock Recovery is instead of search hit the Volume Buttons.) Okay No time to Factory Reset a few more times. 3 or 4 same as I said before. This is the point to let your apps restore.

5) Now once you have done you Factory Resets Install Droid 2 Boot Strap and Flash the File Below.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

6) Flash the Patch of your choice in the post above and you are now done.

and make sure you listen to the part that says to do a factory reset at least 3 times (3 worked for me). I followed the instructions to the T, and now I'm running a perfect, smooth install of GB. and your gonna need to use the D2 bootstrap app, not the DX, so make sure you have the apk on your SDcard, cause you wont be able to download it from the market, since you dont wanna sign into your google account and restore apps, until your are done installing and doing everything the instructions say. and like I said, Do not sign into your google account or use backup assistant until your are completely done with everything. if you have any questions, hit me up on Gtalk, my username is [email protected] i will be on for a lil while. and also, like i said, if you dont feel comfortable using RSDlite and SBF'ing your phone, this dont try installing this leak lol and the files that you download from the first leak I gave you, make sure you flash those in order, Pt 1, then Pt 2, then Pt 3, and install them one after the other, you dont need to reboot after each file, just install all 3 in order, then reboot the phone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
oh and to answer your question, I've been using GB for a lil over 24hours now, and I love it, my battery life is great, its runs smooth, i like the dark blue status bar, and the new tweaks motorola made to their Blur UI make it a lot better in my opinion. Tho i would still like to try an AOSP version of GB, which thats when the Custom ROMs that are starting to come out from the Devs, come into play. But yea, in my opinion its worth it. MY friends, who have seen my phone, all want me to flash it to theirs, but since none of them are using a Droid 2 or a Droid X, i cant, so their a lil envious lol. My GF is using a Droid 2 Global, and she loves how my Phone runs and looks with GB, and she cant wait for it to leak or officially come out for her phone. and if you end up not liking it, which i dont see why you wouldnt like it, you can always SBF back to Froyo, but when they do release the official OTA GB release, i heard its going to install silently whether you want it to or not, so if you dont, you have to rename one of the system files, cant remember which one of the top of my head, but google it, or ask someone around here and I'm sure they will know which one it is. or if you have your phone rooted, then you dont have to worry about it, cause you cant download OTA's when rooted. the only thing i'm worried about, is if i happen to SBF my phone back to froyo after the official OTA comes out, then it will start to install automatically before i can stop it, cause if what i hear is true, its gonna be a ***** to figure out how to Root the official GB OTA when it comes out.

OP
BalistikBill

BalistikBill

Reaction score
I sent u an invite on gtalk. Add me