gingerbread leak worth it?

cuzlion

Reaction score
Dumb questions

That is just the X not the 2 right? Will there be a post installation easy one click root available soon for either X or 2 on gingerbread? One other question, without root my Ti Backup is useless, I know Google apps will reinstall on their own but what about the app related data like podcast feeds, saved gps navagation points, etc.

cuzlion

Reaction score
Get the Pre-root version

Hey, if you are about to go Gingerbread use the new pre-rooted versions for both the Droid 2 and Droid X, I was too quick and will have to sbf back or wait for some sly guy to develop a one click root for dummies (like me). Sorry but I accidentally deleted the Google alert email that had the link but it is easy to find. One small complaint, the herky jerky standard unlock screen for Gingerbread is just as funky as the one on Froyo was. Surprised they did not fix that. I'll have to reload Widgetlocker to get my butter smooth rotary unlocker back I guess.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
OK question. I dl gb as soon as it was released and it unrooted my phone making bootstrap not available so how do I get back to 2.3.3.340 to root gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I think you need to sbf back to froyo, root and then flash the rooted version of GB.

Or so I have read on other threads.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DThomp

Reaction score
Yup, that's what I just did. Now for the wait for somebody way more techie than me to de ode it so so we can start.customizing it. Bets on how long it takes to get a new rom?

DThomp

Reaction score
I can't find a few apparently in the market. Namely quick clock.

timelord

Reaction score
I think you need to sbf back to froyo, root and then flash the rooted version of GB.

Or so I have read on other threads.

Exactly, sbf back to froyo, root with z4root, install dx bootstrapper, flash gingerbread rom like any other rom. Remember to wipe data/factory reset before flashing the prerooted gb rom.

The new GB has root preinstalled. Then get droid 2 bootstapper to use CMW again. the old dx bootstrapper won't work with the gb rom.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I'm a high tech person but this one has me like a deer in headlights

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I'm a high tech person but this one has me like a deer in headlights

With a little help we can get you up and running in no time. What's the issue your having? And what can you/have you done as far as rooting, clockworkmod, etc..... just to gauge your abilities.

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Thank you so when I download and install I just use hotspot and.its free? Also is the link u provided for droid x? While flashing this do I mount storage or just flash

Where can.i get this patch im on liberty and 3g hotspot isnt in my app drawer luckily I made a backup in titanium and restored it and.where is the patch? Could you also explain how I can use it?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Buy the TBH app in the market...well worth tha 1.99 ..it has the DX tethering app..full .340 sbf file..tranquility rom..and now the rooted version of gb

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
hows everyones battery life with GB mine sucked really bad today but i had to sbf twice and flash twice so that did a numberr on me got like 6 hours and was at 20 percent

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loving it.

I like how the cursor control is under the letters when typing in text messages, the browser. On 2.2, you had to adjust your finger to see exactly where to put it.

I just like the lil changes they made here n there. Looks like Moto might have made the stock lock screen a lil less laggy.

I think with profiles you get a total of 21 screens combined? I'm still trying to see if you can have specific settings for different profiles. If so, that will help me tremendously for work and home.

We not supposed to have cellphones in the office so I gotta remember to cut the ringer off, basically all sounds (I listem to mp3's and the radio on my way to work.)

And at home, my cell signal is almost none and I have to use wifi alot more.

EDIT: looks like settings are not specific to a profile. Oh well.

The app drawer can be set up in categories. That was one thing I loved about ADW Ex. On GB, categories is setup better. After you set them up, you click the All App button and choose the category you want. You can even set an icon for the categories.

You can sort contacts by first or last name.

Its so many lil visual changes you just have to see it. But I am loving the look and feel.

Last edited:

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I originally had Darkslide custom rom after I rooted froyo. I have droid x bootstrap from the market. I can't seem to get it to sbf back to 2.3.340. I am confused on whether to download all to the pc and then move to phone to run or what but I'm stuck.