gingerbread leak worth it?

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
dam like i really want to flash it but i want to be rooted i like overclocking and 3g mobile hotspot patch, ok so if i make a backup and then flash it and then i have to sbf to get back can i restore that back after and be back to where i was or would i have to reroot first or hows that work?

My understanding is if you apply the patch BEFORE you flash gb, it will still work once you've flashed over.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

O ok sweet deal I'm finally back to normal after that craziness and will try this again tomorrow I've been hearing that the benchmarks from it are really good and that it looks really nice

lancedirk13

Reaction score
I must say, after installing it and getting my homescreens back, i'm loving this. It is very snappy. Its quick and appealing to the eyes!

coltzfan

Reaction score
It is worth it!!! It is working flawlessly. My apps were restored (96 of them) in 3 minutes.... The stock launcher is awesome. So you lose root until it is gets rooted...Big deal IMO. I left WIFI on last night before bed, which would use 50% over night, and it dropped 5% in 6 hours. Go for it....you wont be disappointed....just make sure you wipe before install, and create a backup that you can go back to if you dont like it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That would be, and you know I really watch my language because this is a family friendly forum, a Hell yes. Get it it's great. Running it on my D2 now. Not only will it make your phone nicer, it will take the stench of the TB this and TB that away from you.

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
ok well im up and running and its looking great nice new little features everywhere i would highly recommend to anyone that hasn't flashed this yet to wipe first

Tim-H

Reaction score
You should ALWAYS wipe when installing any ROM. Even updates like 1.0 to 1.5 or 2.0. When you don't wipe, even if it boots up and appears fine initially, there are usually a lot of tiny bugs that start to appear that normally wouldn't happen.

mtcawirtz

Reaction score
Well, looks like I messed up my phone. I did the GB leaked update and didn't like it. Wanted to go back to Rubix so I flashed .340 by RSD Lite and now I am stuck at a RED "M" logo. Went into recovery and did data wipe/cache wipe and stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
You should ALWAYS wipe when installing any ROM. Even updates like 1.0 to 1.5 or 2.0. When you don't wipe, even if it boots up and appears fine initially, there are usually a lot of tiny bugs that start to appear that normally wouldn't happen.

I no I felt so dumb after I didn't wipe I always wipe before I flash things like this Idk what I was thinking

OP
droidxethan

droidxethan

Reaction score
Well, looks like I messed up my phone. I did the GB leaked update and didn't like it. Wanted to go back to Rubix so I flashed .340 by RSD Lite and now I am stuck at a RED "M" logo. Went into recovery and did data wipe/cache wipe and stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

U might need a new sbf the one u have might be messed up its worth a shot I have a good link but its on my computer and im at class

mtcawirtz

Reaction score
How do I do that without being able to get into the phone? It's stuck at the "M"?

U might need a new sbf the one u have might be messed up its worth a shot I have a good link but its on my computer and im at class

jasherpowers

Reaction score
Impressive

Flashed it flawlessly. Did a wipe before installation and had no problems. As for the UI changes, they are fantastic. Everything flows together nicely. Motorola did a great job with their stock Launcher (finally). I'm using it for now, although I probably will go back to LPP at some point.

One great inclusion was USB Tethering built in! That is an awesome feature. I'm assuming this is why Verizon didn't allow this to come out as OTA yet?? This is really a fantastic direction that Motorola took.

If/when this gets rooted, this will be even greater. I encourage everyone to try it out at least, as long as you know how to SBF back to stock 2.2!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
How do I do that without being able to get into the phone? It's stuck at the "M"?

The SBF is downloaded to your computer, not your phone. Can you still pull up the bootloader by holding down the camera button, volume down, and then the power button (do this after a battery pull)

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Whats 3g mobile hotspot patch do??

dam like i really want to flash it but i want to be rooted i like overclocking and 3g mobile hotspot patch, ok so if i make a backup and then flash it and then i have to sbf to get back can i restore that back after and be back to where i was or would i have to reroot first or hows that work?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

mtcawirtz

Reaction score
Yes I can. I am using RSD 4.8.....

The SBF is downloaded to your computer, not your phone. Can you still pull up the bootloader by holding down the camera button, volume down, and then the power button (do this after a battery pull)