gingerbread kernels

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I got the new chevy compcache kernels. what do I have to install to get compcache working? 1.1 ulv looks nice. wow they are 125mhz min too. battery saver

lag inducer! right now im at a min 400mhz to run smoothly with few widgets and only 3 homescreens. GB is a hog lol!

OP
tommyk2005

tommyk2005

Reaction score
I got the new chevy compcache kernels. what do I have to install to get compcache working? 1.1 ulv looks nice. wow they are 125mhz min too. battery saver

lag inducer! right now im at a min 400mhz to run smoothly with few widgets and only 3 homescreens. GB is a hog lol!

Not if you use set CPU and make profiles ie screen off 125mhz

sent from my droid while scuba diving

mkjellgren

Reaction score

Not if you use set CPU and make profiles ie screen off 125mhz

sent from my droid while scuba diving

Many phones can't handle 125mhz with the screen off without being slow to respond when turning the screen back on. Some people have even had problems missing calls because of too low of clock speeds with the screen off. This has been a huge problem for many many people on almost all GB roms and some froyo roms as well. As raffica said, GB is a resource hog!!

swizzcheez

Reaction score
I'm running a Raidzero 125-1100 LV and I'm running smooth as silk. Battery life isn't too bad either. With moderate use, I'm getting around 8-9 hours out of a stock battery.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Which kernels go to 125mhz? are u referring to Chethe vy's 2.11.11 release kernels? I just flashed the lv, 1.1, 2.11.11 release & it only goes down to 250mhz.

Damirez

Reaction score
I was running RaidZero's 125-1100 kernel, but my phone battery was dying in 5 hours with no use. I switched to Chevy's 250-1000 w/ compcache and I'm went 6 hours with moderate use and only lost 30%.

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
For some reason I can't use any of RaidZero's kernels. Bootloops after SD card is recognized.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Well, I decided to give RaidZero's kernels a try, though its to early to draw any definite conclusion, so far Im impressed, after some time of use, battery decrease seems to be significantly less than with other kernels, in about 12 hours Ill know more, once I see where my battery stands after a day of work will be the true determining factor, on a good day, Ive still been at 80% battery (once & awhile even 90%) depending on amount of use, so if I see 90% Ive found my new kernel.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
UPDATE: Well the Raidzero & my droid did not get along afterall, I retrieved my droid at first break (5pm) & to my suprise my battery was at 80%, keep in mind that is where its usually around at the end of my night, after further troubleshooting, going into the battery history told it all, it showed my phone as "running" 100% of the time, a tell tale sign the kernel voltage is to low for my droid.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
For some reason I can't use any of RaidZero's kernels. Bootloops after SD card is recognized.

RZ's kernels are very low voltage. You may have better luck with his standard voltage kernels. They can be found under downloads on the project elite website as well as other places on the forum I'm sure.

fictionwerks

Reaction score
I have been using raidzero's 150 to 1100 kernel on my d1. Use his recovery too. Very stable on my droid with no heat issues.

Sent from a midget with a bowler hat

OSX2000

Reaction score
Same here. Tried the 900, 1000, and 1100, and they all do it.

Tried Chevy's new kernels, but I can't get the compcache to work, and they're prone to rendom reboots on my Droid anyway.

Slayher's kernels still run way to hot, and drain the battery like no other.

Any other kernel suggestions? So far the only one that worked perfectly is the 800 kernel that came with UD. Any way to get back to that without reflashing the whole ROM?