Gingerbread is live!!

es0tericcha0s

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Metickone has had a version like this up all day. Have been playing with it trying to get Gapps to work. Added them, resigned rom, etc etc. Boot loops all day. The permissions are wrong for some reason. Also, there is a issue with the kernel that does not support USB switching, which I think is the problem with USB not working.

I know this is from a "different" rom, but the problems are still the same so I thought I would throw this link in to see if it would help someone more knowledgeable than I about this stuff...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/107208-rom-gingerbread-droid-5.html#post1101049

OSX2000

Reaction score
Running it now, and it's a bit more functional than the other GB rom posted today. Dolphin works perfect, as does the DroidForums app, which I'm posting with now.

The most important test is complete...Angry Birds runs flawlessly. In fact it runs better than it does on Froyo. :D

Still no way to get a working Market though.

Other than that, it's got pretty much the same issues as the other rom:

• The gyroscope doesn't seem to work; the phone doesn't recognize rotations.

• I appear to have 3 keyboards installed, but none work. So no soft keyboard.

• I can't get any version of the Market to function, in system or data.

• Media volume doesn't exist, there are no audible screen selection sounds. Music and video players also do not function. Ringtones, however, do work.

I'm truly amazed how fast this is running, considering it's maxed at only 800MHz. LauncherPro makes it feel even better, even though the 3D app drawer glitches out just like in recent UD roms.

EDIT: Google Maps finally does the two-finger rotate thing!! It didn't work in UD2.4 or in the other GB rom, but it works in this one! dancedroid

Last edited:

Superman

Reaction score
Just started browsing around it a little bit. I haven't been able to try much and I'm afraid I may have just missed a party invite because my phone isn't really functional right now! :lol:

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the old market? I just played w/ nexus s & it has the old looking market.

Superman

Reaction score
Running it now, and it's a bit more functional than the other GB rom posted today. Dolphin works perfect, as does the DroidForums app, which I'm posting with now.

The most important test is complete...Angry Birds runs flawlessly. In fact it runs better than it does on Froyo. :D

• Media volume doesn't exist, there are no audible screen selection sounds. Music and video players also do not function. Ringtones, however, do work.

I'm truly amazed how fast this is running, considering it's maxed at only 800MHz. LauncherPro makes it feel even better, even though the 3D app drawer glitches out just like in recent UD roms.

EDIT: Google Maps finally does the two-finger rotate thing!! It didn't work in UD2.4 or in the other GB rom, but it works in this one! dancedroid

So, you must not have wiped, correct?

I did and can't figure out how to get maps or anything back on it. :)

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Tempted but no camera and usb support... idk.. might just have to wait...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

neubanks89

Reaction score
i want 2.3.1 with no problems in it

I'm with you! I want the finished product! What's so special about gingerbread compared to what we have now? It doesn't look like much of a difference.

Gingerbread is much faster than froyo according to the other broke rom that came out today

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was my rom that I noticed to be significantly faster than any froyo rom I've tried and that was at a stock 600MHz too. I just haven't had enough experience building roms to be able to debug issues with the camera and usb very quickly. I wish I could get it to be fully functional but I just don't have the time.

lurch81

Reaction score
Yeah maybe koush will get it or pete

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jev

Reaction score
Also posted right above the download post on twitter."Most will be broken on that first test for gingerbread. (No camera, usb support_ Also none of googles apps are included. It is simply meant as a technical preview."

We were forewarned.

OSX2000

Reaction score

So, you must not have wiped, correct?

I did and can't figure out how to get maps or anything back on it. :)
Correct, no wipe. All my G-apps except for Market are in /data/app/ so they all carried over.

Try reinstalling GB over your current Froyo rom without wiping. I did it that way with both GB roms today, and no resulting problems. They both ran fast as hell.

Last edited: