Gingerbread is going through soak test now !!!!!!

wardo

Reaction score
Q
I don't know what you guys are running. No reboots that I can remember and I have a ton of apps. The only problems I have are:

1) Ringer volume goes down (my guess is I'm hitting the volume button by accident, old problem, should have had remedies other than download from market 3p solution)

2) My phone is draining the battery ridiculously quickly. Probably an app, maybe Yahoo. If something is a service, you could be in trouble. User issue, have to find it.

The only solution, as painful as it seems, is to factory reset the phone. If you haven't done that at least once to see whether that cures your problem then you can't really complain about it and blame HTC. Stuff like this happens to every device.

I second this. I never have these issues

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I don't know what you guys are running. No reboots that I can remember and I have a ton of apps. The only problems I have are:

1) Ringer volume goes down (my guess is I'm hitting the volume button by accident, old problem, should have had remedies other than download from market 3p solution)

2) My phone is draining the battery ridiculously quickly. Probably an app, maybe Yahoo. If something is a service, you could be in trouble. User issue, have to find it.

The only solution, as painful as it seems, is to factory reset the phone. If you haven't done that at least once to see whether that cures your problem then you can't really complain about it and blame HTC. Stuff like this happens to every device.

The rebooting is a OS issue not a hardware issue. Not everyone is having it. I am lucky and have yet to have a single reboot.

You can factory reset all you want it won't fix the rebooting. Verizon and HTC acknowledged the problem already.

It doesn't come from apps youre running.

As for battery life, it will be greatly improved by GB as GB is much more aggressive when it comes to killing tasks and using memory in a smart way.

If you think you have a misbehaving app eating up battery install watchdog and it will find it for you.

robrecht

Reaction score

The rebooting is a OS issue not a hardware issue. Not everyone is having it. I am lucky and have yet to have a single reboot.

You can factory reset all you want it won't fix the rebooting. Verizon and HTC acknowledged the problem already.

It doesn't come from apps youre running.

As for battery life, it will be greatly improved by GB as GB is much more aggressive when it comes to killing tasks and using memory in a smart way.

If you think you have a misbehaving app eating up battery install watchdog and it will find it for you.
I'm not entirely convinced that there is not sometimes a hardware component to the reboot & connectivity issues. It seems rather difficult to diagnose and fix and I've seen some indications that suggest firmare, network eHRPD protocols and tower deployment and settings as well as phone hardware. 4G & eHRPD network tech is still in its infancy so Verizon and HTC are both still learning a lot right now about how to get everything to work together well for everyone. I finally let Verizon send me a CLNR Bolt and so far I'm on my 3rd day without a single reboot or data connectivity incident. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

Thanks, Robrecht

tc3

Reaction score
This update better come real quick.

Pos has rebooted 4 times in the last hour.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Droid592

Reaction score
Verizon already said there's no update today and if and when it become available we will hear about it, also HTC would be announcing it like they have with their other devices via Facebook and twitter same with Verizon

Rooted HTC Thunderbolt

johnd09

Reaction score
Factory reset does not affect the phones software just apps. So it will not fix update caused issues only problems caused by apps not compatible with the update.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
It does affect software. A factory reset could fix currupted phone but not for this reset issue.

sent from my thunderbolt

nodak102

Reaction score
I have never had a spontaneous re-boot in whole time i've had my TB

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Soak my ass. Doubt we'll see it.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
I have never had a spontaneous re-boot in whole time i've had my TB

We have two of them and have been fortunate enough to never have had a random reboot on either one. Though I didn't expect the update today, the only reason I want it is for what Gingerbread brings to the game.

Kboss375

Reaction score
If your having reboot problems you could just go to that leaked mr2 update...haven't had
A reboot since

Technoman

Reaction score
If your having reboot problems you could just go to that leaked mr2 update...haven't had
A reboot since

I wonder if and or when we get an update if we will still be able to get it from the MR2 leak?