Gingerbread IS coming today

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
add826c4-731a-2b44.jpg

Overclocked GB... 1.45ghz.. I'm in love.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

WINNING :icon_ banana:

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Ok so last night I flashed gb to see what it was like and I liked it so today I did the sbf, took forever cuz it was my first time doing it , and flashed the one with root today, so first I want to ask has anyone tryed using the wifi tether? I went to use it on my xbox like normal and it popped up something about the kernel but I didn't catch what it said. Barnacle doesn't work either. Does anyone know any other tethers that will work with this gb? Second what happened to the like contacts option in the contacts? I link mine with facebook and I use to be able to add numbers to the facebook contacts but now it wont let me add anything to contacts from facebook. And third I read in the sbf/ gbroot thread that dx bootstrapped wont work but the d2 one will work on here, I went to the link and tryed to download it but it would go to about 80% and unsuccessful download. Does anyone have a link that will work? Thanks in advanced! Everyone on this forum has been really helpful, back in december I didn't no what rooting was, but now all my friends come to me with there phone stuff

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hgrimberg

Reaction score
When is the official ota installation coming up for the D2G? 4 weeks?
Do we know when it happens or the system gets updated without we noticing like it happened with. 2.4.33?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
There hasn't been any real word about the d2g gingie.... hopefully tbh will have it soon though and can release it with root. Last I heard about official was less than 6 weeks though.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When is the official ota installation coming up for the D2G? 4 weeks?
Do we know when it happens or the system gets updated without we noticing like it happened with. 2.4.33?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

we don't have an eta yet. when it does arrive, a message will pop up on your phone and you will have to consent to it.

Raziel36

Reaction score
Overclocked GB... 1.45ghz.. I'm in love.

what app did you use to OC

Jrummy's Droid X/2 apps. He updated today to support the new leak. I had to go into settings and set it to allow the older scaling to get 1.45 again, which my phone is very comfortable with, thankfully.

samgovol

Reaction score
Love gb...i came from apex 1.4..but the one thing I dislike is the boot up time...takes almost 5 min for the droid x to be useable..anyone else finding this? Suggestions?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I went from fission back to stock to GB and I LOVE IT!!! really enjoying it.

droidxep

Reaction score
im rooted and still on 2.2, couldnt update to 2.2.1, upgrade always failed. Anybody think gb will work once its ota released or am i going to have to flash regardless. Trying to avoid that, did it once and it wasnt hard just intimidating and would rather avoid it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Love gb...i came from apex 1.4..but the one thing I dislike is the boot up time...takes almost 5 min for the droid x to be useable..anyone else finding this? Suggestions?

Maybe grab Droid Overclock and disable the boot animation?

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Can anyone tell me how to copy text after selecting it? Can't figure it out after installing GB.

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to copy text after selecting it? Can't figure it out after installing GB.

Just tap the selected text... should pop-up a toast saying text copied to clipboard

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Thanks. I was pressing and holding instead you solved my problem. :)