Gingerbread going public. "Update available"

jjcope

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with the market on.608?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with the market on.608?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Seems to be random......sometimes I'll get notified I've got updates available and when I try to get them I just get the little gear spinning forever, other times it goes and gets them right away. Been thinking that it happens just as my phone is deciding to be on 3G or wifi......going to try it a few time after I waited for wifi to connect.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Seems to be random......sometimes I'll get notified I've got updates available and when I try to get them I just get the little gear spinning forever, other times it goes and gets them right away. Been thinking that it happens just as my phone is deciding to be on 3G or wifi......going to try it a few time after I waited for wifi to connect.

I have also encountered these problems.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Ah that's lame, i guess i'll just stay on 606, don't feel like sbf'ing
If your problem is about having to reinstall/reconfigure everything, you can do a CWM backup of .606, then flash the SBF, update to 4.5.608, root, install CWM and then use its advanced restore menu to only restore /data. That way all your settings and installed apps will be restored.

SteveIrv

Reaction score

More playing with this last night has shown me it's not a 3G/wifi problem.....somewhere along the line my phone started installing apps under 2 account names. One is a gmail account (which has most of my appps) and the other is a q.com account I've had for years. The q.com account is now showing about 10 apps installed for it.

When I update apps for the gmail account everything works fine, when I try updating apps for the other account.....it fails every time. This just started happening with the release (and soak test) of 608.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
More playing with this last night has shown me it's not a 3G/wifi problem.....somewhere along the line my phone started installing apps under 2 account names. One is a gmail account (which has most of my appps) and the other is a q.com account I've had for years. The q.com account is now showing about 10 apps installed for it.

When I update apps for the gmail account everything works fine, when I try updating apps for the other account.....it fails every time. This just started happening with the release (and soak test) of 608.

Well.......I looked at the small number of apps I had under the q.com google account, deleted the ones I could (some were showing as "system files" and then reinstalled them on my main google, gmail account. Then deleted the q.com gmail account on my phone.

At that point I found I couldn't log onto G+, since the only reason I had the q.com google account was to tie my real e-mail address into G+.

So.....I re-added my q.com google account to my phone......which fixed the problem I was having to begin with in the market. Now my phone notifies and updates apps in both accounts just fine.