Gingerbread Gingerbread Where R U?

repo_man

Reaction score
Not in Alabama yet either. Just checked on mine. Kind of tired of waiting...

chefb

Reaction score
Rooted,installed,...WINNING!......popcorn,netflix,moving on.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I found this site reviewing the droid x for some reason after all this time...

Motorola Droid X has rave reviews, Android OS, killer specs, and is free for new customers and upgrades | Video Gaming Pros

It mentions that the droid x is in india and that it has 2.3 available ota and that it will be available worldwide in a few days...
Hopefully this is true cuz I'm really eager to get GB.... But idk.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If rumors are true, you will want the leaked one, not the OTA. OTA might not be able to be rooted, and if they change the boot loader so that you can never go back to stock, after rooting or installing a ROM, then you won't be able to roll back.

Frankly, the Droid X is obsolete, and isn't likely to see any more updates anyway, so the latest leaked and this OTA are probably the last significant update this phone will ever get as it is retired very shortly.

So why install an OTA, that will never be upgraded, and that may prevent you from ever rooting, ROMing or otherwise tweaking your phone, and that you won't be able to roll back and try the leaked version if you change your mind?

Go with the leaked, IMHO.

The phone is a year old, it's about to be replaced.

Reaction score
Especially since .595 and .596 are virtually identical...............why wait forever to take the OTA (.596) when .595 is readily available now.

Steve

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So I found this site reviewing the droid x for some reason after all this time...

Motorola Droid X has rave reviews, Android OS, killer specs, and is free for new customers and upgrades | Video Gaming Pros

It mentions that the droid x is in india and that it has 2.3 available ota and that it will be available worldwide in a few days...

If rumors are true, you will want the leaked one, not the OTA. OTA might not be able to be rooted, and if they change the boot loader so that you can never go back to stock, after rooting or installing a ROM, then you won't be able to roll back.

Frankly, the Droid X is obsolete, and isn't likely to see any more updates anyway, so the latest leaked and this OTA are probably the last significant update this phone will ever get as it is retired very shortly.

So why install an OTA, that will never be upgraded, and that may prevent you from ever rooting, ROMing or otherwise tweaking your phone, and that you won't be able to roll back and try the leaked version if you change your mind?

The droid x isnt obselete in anyway this device can still get another good year or two easily. As for gb may not be able to root you won't know till its officially out. People said froyo wasent rootable but look we have many options on how to root it. If your saying the x is obselete your saying any phone out is just as obselete being droid 3,droidx2 and more big dogs coming on the scene.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

C

cdexsw

i see it like this........

if you install the OTA and find you cannot root or it has many issues......you can SBF back to Pre-GB (Froyo) and install the leak....

my .02

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score

The droid x isnt obselete in anyway this device can still get another good year or two easily. As for gb may not be able to root you won't know till its officially out. People said froyo wasent rootable but look we have many options on how to root it. If your saying the x is obselete your saying any phone out is just as obselete being droid 3,droidx2 and more big dogs coming on the scene.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up.

*Ditto! Long live the Droid X!! :)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a DX on its way to me next wed and the manager said it would have GB pre installed....so I would imagine it will be soon for the release.

To clarify his quote was "your X will be there Wed and the good thing is you will have the newest OS preinstalled"

I guess he could mean FROYO but I never mentioned anything about GB on the phone.....he brought it up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
i see it like this........

if you install the OTA and find you cannot root or it has many issues......you can SBF back to Pre-GB (Froyo) and install the leak....

my .02

My understanding from P3Droid was that you cannot SBF back from .596. Once you are there, you are there until it gets rooted.