Gingerbread for the Gnex?

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any plans for a gingerbread port for the nexus. Or a complete theme for gingerbread somewhere. I miss the black/green contrast.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any plans for a gingerbread port for the nexus. Or a complete theme for gingerbread somewhere. I miss the black/green contrast.

There are green themes, like http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...theme-glowing-green-v2-0-aokp-milestone3.html <-- that. There could be more. I believe that is the most complete green theme though. I am not sure if it is ported to more ROMs or not yet.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Gingerbread ROM though. It would be a lot of work, for more than likely a step backwards in performance. Side note, it would require some trickery to work due to the GNex not having softkeys. Perhaps they could use the tablet mods from CM7 for that.

OP
GohanBurner

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I just all around loved the Gingerbread layout. The UI went with everything, unlike the ICS theme. The new swype with its orange accent just sticks out like a sore thumb on ICS and I think it would be more tolerable on Gingerbread, I am a minimalist at heart though. I know that there is a Swype theme for ICS, but that too looks pretty bad.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Your avatar was my reaction to this post.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

Maverick0984

Reaction score
It's been so long since I've been solely Gingerbread, don't even know what the OP means by black/green contrast....hehe

<3 My ICS Gnex and Touchpad.

wolstonc

Reaction score
The nexus probably isn't the right phone for you if you want gingerbread. Why not get a rezound or maxx? Remember, being a nexus means first in line updates, so what good is that on gingerbread?
That being said, a honeycomb rom would be interesting to see, but I wouldn't use it still.

And where is the ics themed swype? Is it official version?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
perhaps I could make a basic android green/black theme. No promises though.

soulshot96

Reaction score
A honeycomb theme would be boss. With the same tint of blue as hc, the bottom buttons, the clock font. Would be a nice theme. Just saying. Who agrees?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OP
GohanBurner

GohanBurner

Reaction score
It was released when Swype didn't have support for our screen size. Works exactly the same, but I don't know if it would receive updates.