Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by hal83, May 23, 2011.
im just so anxious, is all. :icon_censored:
Is it possible to pull the update.zip file from my device after installing? Happy to post to megaupload or something.
Someone said that it's in the /cache folder.
i found this over in android central
The following instructions will greatly help out the rest of the our community who does not want to wait over the next few days for the update to finally
arrive on their device. If you follow them, you will be able to capture the update file and spread the love with the rest of us!
1. You will first see this message appear on your phone.
install now- install later-more info.
-Press “Install Now.”
2. The update will then download in the background.
3. The following message will then appear:
Downloaded and verified then it will ask you to Restart and install DON"T RESTART YET
-You may press the home button but DO NOT PRESS “Restart & Install!”
4. Plug your phone into your computer and mount your SD card. You should now be able to browse the contents of your SD card.
5. On the root of your SD card, you will see a file called “update.zip”. Copy that file to somewhere on your computer like the desktop. It should be about 15MB in size.
6. Finally, upload it to a file sharing site and post the link to it on this thread.
7. Now, you can now continue the update like normal. To get back to the “Restart and Install” menu as seen above, navigate to Setting> About Phone> System Updates.”
EDIT: this is for those who would like to help but dont know how to, i will do it when i recieve the ota, but until then someone else help?
^^ I tried to do this before applying the update to my wife's phone. The update.zip is simply not there on the SD card.
maybe motorola set it up to be like that? or its in another file or folder?
I searched the whole card. I even searched for any files larger than 80MB. Nothing.
well that just plain stinks oh well i guess we gotta wait
How did you do the SBF to 3.8.7? I bought the TBH app and i see the 2 part gingerbread update but i only see the old 2.26 sbf not the 3.8.7 SBF? any help?
I just installed this link:
OTA Rollout Status?
Are there still a lot of folks waiting to receive the update over-the-air? Has anyone got it in the past day or so, i.e., do we have evidence the rollout is still ongoing?
Or did everyone just give up waiting and install the update.zip that was posted?
Not trying to stoke any conspiracy theories like certain other threads, just curious and trying to gather data!
so even going the route of downloading the gb zip file would still cause an unroot and a potential hassle with wireless-tethering for verizon users?? i think ill hold off till someone gets rooted and tests barnacle out to see if its still 100% functional.