1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gingerbread for D1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Milton515, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milton515

Milton515 New Member

I was wondering if there is a leaked Gingerbread update.zip anywhere that has been found..... Sorry if this is the wrong place to post thing, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.... Feel free to move it.....

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with stock Launcher Pro Plus
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator

Not yet. When source is released then they will start rolling out.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. Milton515

Milton515 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply..... Is there a detailed list of what is going to different or is it just an OTA to fix issues....

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with stock Launcher Pro Plus
  4. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

7h3.4pp12en7ic3 New Member

*rolls eyes* 2.3 will be a major update. It is not yet announced, so there is no confirmed information about what it will entail. A quick google search will answer most of these questions.
  5. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

From my understanding, there will be no 2.3 for the Droid 1; unless it comes from a 3rd party dev. I cannot divulge my sources (to protect them) but I have been told that ALL development for the Motorola A855 Droid has been ceased internally; and all devs have been moved on to other projects. I trust my sources, so at this time I have no reason to believe that there will be any updates for D1 beyond FRG22D
  6. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

trust me... if gingerbread comes out you wont miss it! it will be plastered all over this forum and others!
  7. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

[​IMG]

You go ahead and beat the horse some more....[​IMG]
  8. shmoo

shmoo New Member

Even if all development for our beloved D1 has stopped odds are the someone will be able to build a ROM using the source. Just like when we were first running 2.1. That oridinal build was for the N1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

This is such BS. You don't need to "protect" sources on this. The A855 Droid has been entirely discontinued, of course development has ceased. Also, we know that 2.3 isn't planned for devices with <1ghz processor. Further, I have never really cared what the devs over at Moto are doing. The developers in this community have proven far more important. Besides, Motorola seems hell-bent on plastering every device they can with (not)Blur. They've moved on because the money just isn't there anymore, but that doesn't mean development has stopped by any stretch of the imagination. The D1 is still one of the most developed-for phones on the market, bar-none. That fact isn't going to change until we see another device sweep the market like the D1 did.
  10. Martin030908

Look at how long the G1 held on for... the D1 will be just the same.
  11. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

Exactly. Not to mention the relative failures of the DX and D2 comparatively, we should see the D1 hold its market standing well.
  12. Martin030908

I agree.

Moto phased out the Droid because it was truly 'open' with a Vanilla Android OS (IMO).... we will never see another device like the D1 from Moto again. Stupid locked bootloaders and blur ::grrr::
  13. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Well, if you consider my posts to be "BS", then fine...... I just stated that I am not going to tell people where I got my info from if they say something along the lines of "You are full of crap because you didn't state where you got your info from." - a phenomenon I see all too much around these forums (and any other forum, to be fair).

I did, however, give an answer to the OPs question which was pertinent. The OP asked if any "leaked update.zip" files had been found. This implies that the OP was asking about an official update.zip file; which would come from Motorola. Had the OP's question been about unofficial ROMs, I would have answered differently. To be fair, I did state in my post that if we see anything Gingerbread-related, it would be from a 3rd party ROM dev.

In the end, I don't care what is going on internally at Moto, either; as I feel that our 3rd party ROM devs do a much better job at bringing us neat new things to play with. I feel the same way as you do as far as the dev community goes. Still, to call my post BS was a bit rude; as I was simply answering the exact question the OP was asking.
  14. Milton515

Milton515 New Member

I was thinking the same about if it didn't come out for the D1, that there will then likely be one built from source like the N1..... And thanx to the people who were helpful and not being obnoxious or sarcastic

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with Launcher Pro Plus with Red Theme and stock UD kernel
  15. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

I wasn't calling you out for BS on your decision of not to divulge any sources, but more to the point, this is and has been fully public information for quite some time. That is all I meant by the BS comment. I think it is a bit strict in interpretation to say that the OP was speaking specifically to the effect of an official Moto leak, but rather, any 'leak' of Gingerbread at all that could feasibly run on a D1. I know, splitting hairs, but I'm just trying to explain myself. I didn't mean to offend you, but frankly this is information beyond the need for protection.
  16. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    [​IMG]This thread = [​IMG]

Gingerbread has not leaked. If Motorola is working on it it's probably entirely to get used to working with the source code so they can develop for the D2/DX/Etc faster. However, look how well that came out with FroYo. If ANY source drops it'll be plastered all over the forum and internet. If a leaked build for the Droid were to drop it'd be the same thing. :) Will the Droid 1 see an official Gingerbread release? Probably not. However, probably is not the same as certainly. So stop attacking each other or this thread will be :closed_2:.

:)
  17. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

and the Gingerbread threads commence. Let this to be the start of a plethora of 3.0 threads where 99% will be useless "I want" or "When" threads.

Sorry, saw it with 2.2 and now it's 3.0

[​IMG]
  18. Martin030908

There is no Gingerbread leak available. If there is it will most likely be on the front pages here at the forum, at which time re-opening of this thread can be discussed.

For now it's run it's course.

Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

motorola d1 gingerbread