Gingerbread for Charge Speculation

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by jwd45244, Aug 4, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. ajb3985

ajb3985 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How do you figure?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. sdppm

sdppm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone remember the Storm and the promice of software update. About 2 1/2 years
  3. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed the humblecomb 4.0 using 2.3.4 it is great. Smooth transition no log whatsoever and great 4g signal. To early to tell on battery life but so far it seems great. Will calibrate my 3200mAh battery tomorrow see how it goes. You know the funny thing about reading this is based on the previous Verizon OTA wasn't that great especially not compared to any of the ROMS I've tried. I do understand getting source code to make a better Rom although it is out of my scope of Knowledge. Personally I don't think I want to install the OTA because that just equals poor battery-life, bloatware, and lag. But if it helps make better ROMs I hope it comes out soon.
  4. Charged

Charged Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't really care too much about improved battery life. Anyone have terrible problems with their internet constantly going out that suddenly have a perfectly stable internet connection with gingerbread?
  5. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't noticed any loss in connection yet but it's day one. Didn't have have much of problem with the connection with either the OTA or any of the humble 1.4-1.6 Roms although it did happen a few times that i member. 4g speed is the same for me no real gain or loss.
  6. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really don't understand why you're waiting for gingerbread. I hacked my phone and I've had gingerbread for basically 3 months

7. jtneedham

jtneedham New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, had one for 3 years!

8. paulg

paulg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not all of use know how to or want to root our phones
  9. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Way to go paulg, These techies think the noobs are stupid cuz we dont root/rom. When in all actuality risking a void to your warrenty is in fact STUPID. We're waiting because we want/have to since verizon and samsung are slower then molasses. Don't worry paul we'll get it. (eventually) until then...dont feed the trolls! :p lol!
  10. Brockjava

Brockjava New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And some that have, brick their phones. There is no guarantee rooting and flashing will work. There is a risk. For those with extra time and money, have fun. I can't afford to lose my money maker because i'm impatient. I'll wait until an official OTA is released or I win the lotto LOL.

Sent using my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums
  11. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know I wrote a long response to the this post.....then realized it was time that could be spend on other things.....I got to words for you......google it.....watch the instructions.......follow...the steps....flash the rom......get 2.3.4 on the charge enough said. And ofc yes there is a potential for risk like crossing the street in the morning. But a life without risk is well boring. Sorry haven't had my morning cup of joe yet.
  12. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do however understand the warranty issue but that is why I have the last OTA saved on my PC. Just re-flash unroot the phone and return to stock and turn the phone in. No big deal.
  13. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    you could have been a bit more nice rather than call some of us "stupid".
    i support most people whatever their decision, i think if your not comfortable with it or cant afford to buy a new one you shouldnt try.

you are correct in not feeding the trolls, although you dont want to piss off those of us you will be turning to for help either.
  14. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well said...personally i agree with i dont care if people root or not. But they are in my opinion missing out :)

15. chin2334

chin2334 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah youll get it but usually the verizon releases are full of bugs and bloat ware, and void warranty not a big deal in my opinion seeing the benifits of rooting.