Gingerbread for Charge Speculation

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by jwd45244, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

I'm sorry, let me rephrase myself; In my opinion it is stupid to risk voiding your warrenty. Especially if you dont know what your doing and end up bricking your phone. Didnt mean to call yall stupid that DO root/rom. My appologies. Even to the noobs. (As I am one myself) Didn't mean to make it sound like I was calling them stupid either. But as to feeding the trolls or "God-Techies" They sometimes just act to stuck up and better then some of us because we dont know much about this software and technology stuff. That turns the people away that need help the most. Probably go off and try something theirselves and end up with the same thing or more problems. Missing out? Yes, I would totally agree...but as I stated, if you dont know how or have that bad gut feeling...just dont do it then. If it feels right...jump on it, It does sound way better then stock. (Obviously) And as to the "verizon release" Yes it may come with bugs and hella bloatware, or it may run smooth and may not have as much bloatware as froyo. Who knows? They've obviously have been working on it so long that they must be doing somthing right instead of pushing it out and ruin phones so everyone can deal with the warrenties or maybe even a re-call. I guess the only way to find out is to wait. Or, yes you can root...and when the verizon update pushes out I'm sure you can unroot and install the update no problem and run it like it was stock again. It's everyones Opinion I guess is what I am getting at. Again I appologize if I came off arrogant before...didn't mean it sound THAT harsh I guess. But again...this is just my $0.02. :bling:
  2. mjt111

mjt111 New Member

No one can provide you any assistance if you don’t ask any questions. I would be more than happy to steer you in the right direction but you may consider stopping making sweeping generalizations about an entire group or groups of people. As you stated, “But as to feeding the trolls or "God-Techies" They sometimes just act to stuck up and better then some of us because we don’t know much about this software and technology stuff. That turns the people away that need help the most.”
    I know that this forum and XDA have provided me a lot of answers to problems I’ve had since I first decided to unlock the potential of my phone. If it wasn’t for some of these “Techies” I would have no idea what I was doing. I have also tried to help others whenever possible as it all comes around at some point.
    But it’s cool if you decide to maintain you warranty I know I was little hesitant since I actually didn’t buy the phone on contract. But I average at least two new phones a year. From everything I’ve read which has been a lot regarding flashing roms, most people that brick there driod charges are the people that aren’t following the instructions provided or they were people that were experimenting right after the phone came out. I may be wrong here but I haven’t read too many people that have bricked flashing resent gummy charge or humble roms.
    You know what’s funny the amount of time you spent writing you last post you could have almost had one of the gb roms up in running on your phone….just a thought haha
    Sorry for long drawn out rant…..just had to clear my mind :happy:
  3. jwd45244

jwd45244 New Member

Since I am the person who started this thread, I think some clarity is needed.

I poised the thread so that people could vent about the ota or lack of it. I am glad that people have the ablity to apply different software to their phones. The nattering naybobs of negativity must cease. :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  4. mjt111

mjt111 New Member

Ota?

Is there any updated information on the OTA release?
  5. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i was told well over a month ago it was this coming week, there is only one build above W and that was made a few weeks ago...
  6. mjt111

mjt111 New Member

Thanks for the info
  7. KKDV

KKDV New Member

Looks like the thunderbolt is getting its update, where is ours?

8. da2zoe

da2zoe DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Bwen knows what he talking about....it's gotta be heading our way officially very soon. Pleeeeeez VZ give us some GB love!
  9. da2zoe

da2zoe DF Super Moderator Staff Member

1. Sorry for joining this party a little late.
    2. Bravo! Very well said!
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  10. Charged

Charged Member

Any idea whether you would need to have the latest Android update in order to update to Gingerbread when it becomes available? Or could you do a direct update from an earlier version?
  11. michelle.ahern

michelle.ahern New Member

The gb is the update,very confusing ?.

12. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

13. ajb3985

ajb3985 New Member

You would need the latest froyo. If you dont have it, i would imagine its because your rooted, which def wont get you the update

14. ajb3985

ajb3985 New Member

Less bugs than stock froyo? How buggy is it exactly?

15. Charged

Charged Member

I didn't root squat. I'm on my 3rd charge. It has the same crappy internet as the past two. It came with the previous update and not the current one but I wasn't gonna bother updating it if Gingerbread is coming out in a couple days. If the update does nothing to improve the phone, then I'm gonna smash the heck out of it with a sledge hammer.
  16. ajb3985

ajb3985 New Member

You getting bad data connection or just the internet? The only issue i have ever had with this phone is that it lags when i exit an application and it goes back to the homescreen. I use dolphin hd for my internet and have had no problems

17. Charged

Charged Member

The internet constantly starts and stops, starts and stops. It's been my home internet for 2 months now and if the update isn't out soon or doesn't work, I'm gonna make Verizon switch me to another phone. It has nothing to do with where I live as I had the samsung lte hotspot which provided a flawless internet connection. Even loading up this thread took about 5 minutes as I could see the internet appear and disappear on my phone. I can't believe more people don't complain of the same problem but I guess most people aren't using it for home internet so they don't even notice.
  18. KKDV

KKDV New Member

That is interesting that some people are having that problem. I made Verizon upgrade me early from the droid x to the charge because I was having that problem with the droid x, and I do use it as my home Internet. The droid x would only hold a connection for 5 - 10 minutes and then it would lose it. I got the GB update on the x and it got worse. But since I got the charge, I haven't had any problems with it, and I do use it for home Internet and have streamed tv shows for a couple of hours without any issues. I wonder if it is a hardware problem.

19. paulg

paulg New Member

okay still no update :) ...and waiting
  20. KKDV

KKDV New Member

I guess we should be glad they are trying to get it right before releasing it, but this does seem ridiculous how long it is taking.