Gingerbread DSP/Equalizer on GPA?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dotcom624, May 5, 2011.

1. dotcom624

dotcom624 New Member

Just curious if the DSP/equalizer libraries are implemented in the GPA builds? I'm guessing not, because the equalizer app on the appstore says that the software or hardware is not supported. Also, Amazon MP3 2.0.4 crashes when trying to play music. When you look at the log, it is trying to open the equalizer (GB stock feature), but doesn't handle the error. Not possible or not implemented on droid? Thanks in advance.

I'm running GPA15 5/2 Nightly, ChevyNo1 3/24 1Ghz LV kernel.

Link to the google dev page about equalizer library.
  2. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Anyone? 10char
  3. wolfdale

wolfdale New Member

I got the same issue.. It worked perfectly before Pete added libaudiio binary support from froyo..
  4. dotcom624

dotcom624 New Member

Ahh, I saw that in the changelog, and thought that may have something to do with it, but thought maybe it was to help the issue. It appears all of the other necessary pieces are there, but if the wrong libaudio binary is there, it wouldn't be mapping those features.

I found this link to an issue in cyanogen, where they replaced the libaudiopolicy.so file with a custom one. I tried it myself, and instead of 'no hardware' I get 'no effects available, make sure no other program using the effects is running', or something like that. Not sure how that file affects other things like BT or calls. Amazon MP3 still FC's...bad, bad, bad error handling.
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
Search tags for this page

dsp equalizer gingerbread