Gingerbread Download Here

Alucard103

Reaction score
Sigh.... :icon_ nono2: Well that sucks.... Well thanks to all you guys. I will stick to root and maybe finally try out the MinX Unless I hear other wise.

djaffinito

Reaction score
I think I'm screwed here but I guess I'll ask... I decided to try and install this but I was rooted so I decided to do a Factory Reset. After the reset, I can't get to Blur.. because I had removed it at one point so it would stop loading into memory. I thought maybe the install would put a new version down but it seems to be a patch instead so it needs to original there. I've tried editing the updater-script to push the original BlurHome.apk and BlurHome.odex back into /system/app but it then complains about Verification failed.

Is there anyway to get BlurHome.apk and BlurHome.odex back into /system/app? I can't use ADB because I can't get to the menu to turn on USB Debugging.. I can't figure out how to get another home app on there so that I can re-root and put it back.. Help?

djaffinito

Reaction score
I put it in my dock and added a shortcut to the market.. downloading launcher pro and root explorer now. Yay me!

jeffjoleen

Reaction score
Be Completely Bone Stock, Rename It To Update.zip Not Update.zip.zip.

Then Head Into The Stock Recovery And Apply Update.zip.

This Is Gingerbread I Already Dug Thru And Found The Build.Prop File.

How do you rename it? When I try, it gives me an error saying I can't use any symbols (.) in the name of a file. Can you PLEASE give some more detailed instructions for us newbies?

jschvantz

Reaction score

How do you rename it? When I try, it gives me an error saying I can't use any symbols (.) in the name of a file. Can you PLEASE give some more detailed instructions for us newbies?

He means keep the file type as ".zip" and to change the file name portion to "update". End result is "update.zip"

whodidthis

Reaction score

rename it before putting in your sdcard... just rename it update (you dont need to do .zip it does it automatically)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update went perfectly for me on my wife's DX2, but have had one spontaneous reboot on power after the initial boot up.

Downloaded the pre-rooted zip file this AM to be sure I had the latest.

Booted into recovery, wiped cache, dalvik cache.
Selected install zip from sd card, browsed to the file and selected it.
Install ran w/out issue, no errors.
Rebooted, phone came up quickly, 2.3.3 confirmed in settings>about.

Seemed smooth as silk initially, but phone rebooted on it's own while sitting on power after a few minutes...we'll see, but before the self boot it seemed perfectly fine.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update: Forgot to mention that I did remove supercharging from my wife's phone before applying the update, and am going to have her run it for a day or so before asking her if she wants it put back on.

Haven't seen any issues since the one reboot after the install...been fine since then, she used it for email, some browsing, and navigation.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
So if I use the zip I CAN get back to 2.2.2? And would the preroot file that's available allow me.to freeze apps I don't want running...new to this so help appreciated..

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
So if I use the zip I CAN get back to 2.2.2? And would the preroot file that's available allow me.to freeze apps I don't want running...new to this so help appreciated..

SBFing Works Perfectly Fine Rolling Back From Gingerbread. I Just Did It A Couple Hours Ago To Write Down The Apps I Deleted. Don't Worry About It If You Have Some Knowledge With RSD Lite.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, P3Droid confirmed via twitter that you could SBF back from the DX2 GB to Froyo.