Gingerbread Download Here

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by MikeJ92YJ, Jul 29, 2011.

1. infinity8x3

infinity8x3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Moto and vzw hates us with a passion. And will do any thing they can to lock down our device and charge us more for services that are native to the phone. If I throw my phone threw a window they will try to figure out how to charge me for using the device as a brick and not it's intended purpose.

Give me root or give me an iPhone...

2. tical364

tical364 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So you think that it isn't the real update and is just the X gb optimized for the X2? Because it seems pretty awesome to me

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

3. C21johnson

C21johnson Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after reviewing the build closer, this update posted seems to be the legit thing that was released to the soak testers... but the problem is, even the OTA that the soak testers received is still lacking. All it has is a little speed, minor updates, themed, and a fix for the duplicate texts. This is what the X should have been shipped with and we should be receiving 2.3.4.

The real way to confirm if this update posted is legit, is by asking if it has the new keyboard layout with the long press numbers on "qwertyuiop"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

4. tical364

tical364 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It does have the numbers integrated in the keypad. I agree though that it should have shipped with this update. Nonetheless, it is still leaps and bounds better than what 2.2 had to offer (stock) because 2.3 actually operates functionally

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

5. blake

blake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this sucks i want gingerbread but my phone is running fast with good battery life using minimalX, and I like root....Does this update have the revamped motoblur?

6. lwyatt100

lwyatt100 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate asking such noob questions, but why wouldn't Gingerbreak work to root this version? It's what I used to root my X2 before, and wasn't it designed for Gingerbread? That's what the post on XDA says.

7. Alucard103

Alucard103 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sigh.... :icon_ nono2: Well that sucks.... Well thanks to all you guys. I will stick to root and maybe finally try out the MinX Unless I hear other wise.

8. djaffinito

djaffinito New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm screwed here but I guess I'll ask... I decided to try and install this but I was rooted so I decided to do a Factory Reset. After the reset, I can't get to Blur.. because I had removed it at one point so it would stop loading into memory. I thought maybe the install would put a new version down but it seems to be a patch instead so it needs to original there. I've tried editing the updater-script to push the original BlurHome.apk and BlurHome.odex back into /system/app but it then complains about Verification failed.

Is there anyway to get BlurHome.apk and BlurHome.odex back into /system/app? I can't use ADB because I can't get to the menu to turn on USB Debugging.. I can't figure out how to get another home app on there so that I can re-root and put it back.. Help?

9. djaffinito

djaffinito New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I put it in my dock and added a shortcut to the market.. downloading launcher pro and root explorer now. Yay me!

10. jeffjoleen

jeffjoleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you rename it? When I try, it gives me an error saying I can't use any symbols (.) in the name of a file. Can you PLEASE give some more detailed instructions for us newbies?

11. jschvantz

jschvantz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    He means keep the file type as ".zip" and to change the file name portion to "update". End result is "update.zip"

12. whodidthis

whodidthis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rename it before putting in your sdcard... just rename it update (you dont need to do .zip it does it automatically)

Search tags for this page
blurhome.apk defy original
descargar gingerbreak.rar
download gingerbread 2.2.2
download gingerbread droid x2 2.2.2
droid gingerbread download

droid x2 gingerbread download

gingerbread 2.3.4 download for droid x2

gingerbread download

gingerbread download for droid x2
how to root lg prada 3.0