Gingerbread Desktop trouble

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Erkeljackson, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Erkeljackson

Erkeljackson New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey folks,

The other day I decided to install the Fission Mod for my Droid 2 Global and so far I am very pleased - I like the stock OS much more than Motorola's modified version. The only thing I have noticed that has been a nuisance is that when I drag my icons/widgets around - say I want to swap two app shortcuts, they don't automatically swap when I release one on to the other. With Moto's FroYo this was the case and I don't see why Google wouldn't implement that.

If I want to move a widget I have to clear some space on that page by moving the icons/widgets to another page and then dragging them back - is there a way to fix this? Is this normal for Gingerbread - or Fission for that matter?

Maybe I didn't do something right or something got screwed up, any help regarding the matter is greatly appreciated.

Have a good one guys, thanks for the help in advance.

#1 Erkeljackson, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    First off your still running froyo, its just modified. D2G's fission is mostly cosmetic and getting rid of blur (moto's system overlay thats buggy and the equivalent of a leech or your battery). Second, i think thats just something to do with the blur launcher. I started using ADWlaucher since right after i got my phone and it wont let you do that either.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G