Gingerbread Compcache Initialize at Boot

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Bobbar, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Bobbar

Bobbar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been fiddling with compcache on my Droid 1 and GPA12. I was able to get it to start and run normally, however the etc/init.d/ location is nonexistent or in a different location than it was in 2.2.

Anyone have any idea how to initialize something at startup on Gingerbread?

2. subyfan

subyfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this same problem and spent 3 days trying to figure it out. I finally gave up. You can get it working with the right modules and running the "compcache start" command manually at boot. Problem is the lack of a cpuia (or cpuod) file to add the command to. I tried manually putting said file in its directory and adding the command but no dice. Pete is actively working on getting compcache running, and when he does he will add it to his new stickied kernel. At that point we can just pull the files and add them to whatever kernel we want. I'm no programming genius so if anyone has figured out how to get it working please drop a comment...this is just my experience.

Cheers

3. Bobbar

Bobbar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it works, just not automatically. ;)

4. Bobbar

Bobbar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a little more research I have concluded that the boot image needs to be modified.

I doubt Pete would be willing to add this until he builds a GB based BB, seeing how he's going for a strictly stock build right now.

5. Reserved Name

Reserved Name Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got It!

After scouring the forums and interwebs, I found an old thread by taz about compcache init, using autostart from the market allows you to create an autostart.sh script file (forces, really) and place it in /data/opt/

I found compcache in /system/xbin/ and am using Raidzero's kernel (125-1250) so the script simply looked like this:

su
    /system/xbin/compcache start

After rebooting and allowing Su access to the script, I rebooted again and checked through SetCPU's info panel and...WALLAH SUCKAS!! it works :)

Search tags for this page

compcache android gingerbread

compcache gingerbread

compcache gingerbread android

gingerbread autostart

gingerbread dont have init.d

how to gingerbread custom startup image

using compcache for android gingerbread update