GINGERBREAD COMING VERY SOON!...... for global!?

Insidious

Reaction score
The rollout should begin soon but Verizons website says global. It says nothing about the regular and R2D2 versions..... if verizon leaves us in the dust ill kill myself xD

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
I agree. Android Central said the soak and rollout is coming soon for the global because that's what it says on Verizons page. Anyone feel like calling them up and getting the scoop? Because I'm flipping out lol.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
LOL at d2g getting gingerbread before the x2

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

warped1987

Reaction score
It's not coming to Droid 2 or R2D2, at least not at the time we're getting it on the D2G. D2G is supposed to be getting it to aa small group hopefully by this weekend, and then hopefully to everyone the following week

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Then comes the question of when will it be rooted so we can delete all the bloat, I'll move up to 2.3 once it's rooted dancedroid

warped1987

Reaction score
Then comes the question of when will it be rooted so we can delete all the bloat, I'll move up to 2.3 once it's rooted dancedroid

I had kinda bad luck rooting my phone (with z4 and using Bloat Freezer) and had crashes and freezes and reboots. I had to un-install everything and my phones been pretty boring lately, but sturdy, so I'm excited for 2.3 to come and make the phone even better, but am wanting to try and re-root my phone again so I can get rid of all this damn bloatware.

xrp861

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's read that d2 and r2d2 aren't getting gb?

Masamichi7

Reaction score
Well, obviously the D2 has had its official gingerbread leak for about a whole month now, so there's not much reason to worry here.

xrp861

Reaction score
A leak is called a leak for a reason. I doubt there will be gb for the d2 being as it was eol like 6 months ago and replaced with the global but who knows.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
A leak is called a leak for a reason. I doubt there will be gb for the d2 being as it was eol like 6 months ago and replaced with the global but who knows.

Verizon has confirmed gingerbread for the d2. Learn Google.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

xrp861

Reaction score
Maybe you should learn the search tool here being I was going by what I've read here as well as many other places. I know how to google I've been using it before android even exsisted.

But that's good news for those who have a d2. Im about to swap out my d2g for a new one and sell it once I get my nexus s 4g. This whole locked bootloader nonsence ruins these phones....that and moto blah.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The rollout should begin soon but Verizons website says global. It says nothing about the regular and R2D2 versions..... if verizon leaves us in the dust ill kill myself xD

If you're going to make statements like this, can you do us a favor and give us the link that you found the statement? And no, the D2G will not be left in the dust. You guys have no faith.

Edit: Here's the link with the announcement: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_2.pdf

Last edited: