Gingerbread coming, signs point to yes

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup that's the one. I just dl it 2 days ago. Wanted to make sure this was the one i wanted. Thanks for the info. I think ill flash it today! Any major bugs? Or should i just stay on liberty 2.0.1? Nah screw it I'll just flash it

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

AAProdz

Reaction score
Yup that's the one. I just dl it 2 days ago. Wanted to make sure this was the one i wanted. Thanks for the info. I think ill flash it today! Any major bugs? Or should i just stay on liberty 2.0.1? Nah screw it I'll just flash it

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

none that I could find, and I use it heavily.

Alcia

Reaction score
Well, this seems promising. I might just flash it and see.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound rude aaprodz, but are you totally certain that you have a global? Usually flashing anything for the droid 2 to the global will break a loooot of things including all forms of service and the camera and sensors so I'm a little surprised that the gingerbread leak works with no issues.

tappin and a talkin

tater0388

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound rude aaprodz, but are you totally certain that you have a global? Usually flashing anything for the droid 2 to the global will break a loooot of things including all forms of service and the camera and sensors so I'm a little surprised that the gingerbread leak works with no issues.

tappin and a talkin

Thats what I was thinking. I have a spare D2G that I am going to flash it on and see if it works. I will report my findings soon!

Alcia

Reaction score

tappin and a talkin

Thats what I was thinking. I have a spare D2G that I am going to flash it on and see if it works. I will report my findings soon!

This is more along what I was waiting for before I even consider flashing atm, considering I don't have a spare phone to lose..

Good luck!

rusty815

Reaction score
Like I said, this is for the droid 2, you can easily tell from the screen shot, I've already seen in many threads that people try to install gingerbread and have it fail on the radio image, we are going to have to wait

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Alcia

Reaction score
Yep. Sad truths. Ah well, we're a mostly patient and hard working bunch I suppose, so it shall be bearable.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone tried flashing the romer over this?

sent from my ANGELLIC D2G

It wont work. 1) it wont even finish installing, gets to the radio update then aborts. 2) the romer is based off froyo so it has the specific files for froyo, not gb. 3) gb has the updated kernel. Cross-flashing kernels is a very very easy way to end up with a truly bricked droid.

Sent from a D2G running my rom

OP
WoZzY

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yeah romer cant even be updated until the D2G gets Ginbgerbread for the d2G for the kernel/new Global radios