Gingerbread clockworkmod recovery issue

Reaction score
So I'm putting this post in the general tech issues are because I have eliminated the questions of whether its my fault, roms fault or the phones fault.

I had the originally rooted gingerbread from way back. I wanted to use the apex beta rom so when I went to flash it the recovery never showed up. No error. Just a black scree. I tried a hundred different ways and no dice. So I sbf back to froyo, installed the lastest rooted leak and successfully installed apex 2.0. However, when I try to back up my phone using recovery I am having the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem or maybe has some valued input?

Thank you in advanced.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The black screen means that cwm didn't take. Go into dx (or d2) bootstrap, click bootstrap recover, wait for a pop up" ok" then click reboot recovery.

Sent from an Angelic D2G

OP
insuusvenerati
Reaction score
Ty sir or maam. I did actually do that several times. I also went ahead and used titanium back up to remove all user apps and reinstalled the recovery installer from market.

Just did the bootstrap and attempted to boot into recovery but still nothing.

Could it be a cache issue? If so, is there a way to clear dalvik and other caches on gingerbread? Apex rom is supposed to have a toolbox soon but maybe there is an app out there that can do it. Any suggestions?

OP
insuusvenerati
Reaction score
Just used titanium backup to clear dalvik cache but still nothing.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try using rom manager and click install from sd. I had the same problem and that'd worked for me.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

OP
insuusvenerati
Reaction score
Try using rom manager and click install from sd. I had the same problem and that'd worked for me.

Tyvm Brennan for your reply. I have already installed the new rom so using that feature won't be necessary. The issue is that I can't backup my current setup or use clockword recovery altogether.

I did try to flash the recovery using rom manager, which also did not work. I updated busybox to latest version and moved it to /system/bin instead of ./xbin. That did not work after I reran bootstrap installer so it's not a SU issue either.

Perhaps there is a way to flash clockworks latest recovery via the default android recovery? Or is it only avail via the bootstrap app?

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mhmm that's interesting.
I've you've done all I was going to"my suggest so maybe you will just have to sbf it back. And install the latest.
Normally I use sbf as a last resort but if you do it and flash I believe it should fix your problems.
(And sorry for the late reply I was at a track meet)

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

J

JriderG

Uncheck usb debugging under settings>applications>development