Gingerbread Breaks LEDs

OP
M

mace_freley

Reaction score
Tgyberg,

I'm not sure what SBF is. Please let me know. At this point I'm willing to try anything. Thanks!

Beka27

Reaction score
As suggested, did you try clearing cache and going in to each thing and making sure you're set to receive notifications? Maybe uncheck LED. Reboot. Recheck LED. Reboot again.

An SBF wipes your phone to true out-of-box status. It would put you on Froyo .340

deceptiveat70

Reaction score
I spent most of my day yesterday trying to fix this issue. Tried everything under the sun. Battery pulls, cache wipes, LED apps. Nothing worked!

So I finally did a factory reset (Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset). While it is a slightly arduous process it did allow me to get Light Flow working and now everything works like normal.

I will admit, it is not the ideal answer to the issue, but for those of you who are at your whit's end and need a solution this should, in technicality, work for anyone who needs a last ditch solution that isn't quite as involved as an SBF.

fisterkev

Reaction score
I know I've done this before but seem to have forgotten how to do it... How do I clear the system cache?

deceptiveat70

Reaction score
I know I've done this before but seem to have forgotten how to do it... How do I clear the system cache?

- Power down your phone

- Reboot into recovery - Hold the home button and then hold power until the Moto logo appears. Release the power button and continue holding home until the Exclamation point appears. Release home button.

- Press both Volume +/- at the same time and you should be in recovery (if I'm not mistaken you USED to press the search button, but this no longer worked for me yesterday) So try both, one or the other should work.

-When in recover scroll down to "wipe cache partition" using volume +/-

fisterkev

Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions, still didn't fix notifications LED function. Oh well, guess I'll just have to hope they fix it in a future update... :frown:

deceptiveat70

Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions, still didn't fix notifications LED function. Oh well, guess I'll just have to hope they fix it in a future update... :frown:

Yeah, it didn't work for me either. That was what lead to me doing a full data reset, which ended up at least partially solving the problem, in that, it allowed me to get Light Flow working.

OP
M

mace_freley

Reaction score
Yeah, I did a reset before I installed Gingerbread, cleared cache, etc. And I still get no LED notifications for missed calls/voicemail.