[HACKS] GingerBread battery bug fix v0.8

Peperm1nt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
You know the nuisance that was brought to us with 2.3.4? You know, the one that would not show the correct battery %? Well, here is the fix and I hope you enjoy.

This will replace a your battd and libbattd.so files with the previous 2.3.3. The files are in binary and I don't know how to convert them to a readable format, so until then, enjoy this fix and post your results for others to see the awesomeness. I will need you to do the following before you flash:

WIPE DALVIK-CACHE AND CACHE!

You may not have to do a data wipe and the battstat.bin should be fine as it is. If you flash this without a successful battery fix, then try to delete your batterystat.bin file(the file you calibrate a battery with), and see what your results are before posting that this doesn't work.

Enjoy :)

GB Battery Fix v0.8

This should work ALL future GingerBread builds that don't have the issue resolved(ie 2.3.5)

MrGibbins

Reaction score
Finally, no more need to reboot. Thanks for this works great.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

adaminchrist

Reaction score
I have a Droid X2 updated to 1.3.418 running Eclipse 2.2. I unzipped the GB Battery Fix v0.8 file, (as it won't load as a zip file because of signature issues), and pulled the two files battd and libbattd from the system folder in the zip and placed them on my sd card. I then used root explorer to move the files from the sd card to the bin and lib folders respectively. I changed the permissions to match those in your post on the xdaforum. I rebooted the phone in recovery, wipe the cache and dalvik cache, and then reboot the system. When the phone rebooted, I had a red battery icon with a "?" on it. When I plugged in the charger, I got a message that my battery is invalid. The only fix was to data wipe and reinstall Eclipse 2.2 again. What am I doing wrong?