Gingerbread battery and what Verizon is doing

dlion16

Reaction score
i actually got better battery life from 595 with the 07 radio than 596 with the 12 radio, go figure.

OP
M

mkris101

Reaction score
VZW let me select a Incredible 2.. Nice phone but on 2.2.1 totally needs to be updated and has corp e-mail problems.. I also ended up getting a I phone with a upgrade on one of my other lines.. Will probably sell the HTC

Rocko

Reaction score
Like many other post on battery life, After My wife and I's X were upgraded to gingerbread, the battery life crashed on them. maybe 4 to 6 hours. On Froyo I got 1.5 days and my wife would get 3 days of battery life.

It is important to note the my wife and I are in our forties and are not heavy texters, surfers ect. I am a IT manager so I mainly use my X for a corp e-mail that is pushed. I also understand that when upgrades come out there are bugs. IE Microsoft!

Spoke to Verizon tech and they did a factory reset and then decided to replace my phone.. got the new phone yesterday and am having the same issue.. well duh. Its the software..

Verizon offered to send me an extended Battery for free as they confirmed that yes there are battery issues.. I agreed but 2 hours later the phone died from a dead battery after about 5 hours of little use. So I called the local corp store and explained the story.. Now my situation my be extreem because my father is in Intensive care and I have the power of attorney to decide all medical care so I need to be in constant contact. The store has offered to do a model upgrade free of charge.. Good service Verizon! I am looking at the X2 but I am guessing that it may have the same issue.. I can select another brand as long as it is a Droid OS.. any suggestion?

I would look at the Incredible 2. Also, you can go back to Froyo easily. I have. It just works better. Way better battery life. No lag on the keyboard, better messaging widget, quicker.

msscull

Reaction score
I was having some problems after the OTA update. Phone was slower to respond, hit an app & it took several seconds before the app responded. Try to dial a number and it took several seconds before the phone responded. Hit the end call button & it would hang up after several seconds.

I did a factory reset, including wiping the SD card (I copied the files I wanted onto my laptop). After the reset, I re installed all my apps & the phone works great.

Battery life is very good. I ran the battery down until the phone shut off a couple of times.

GB is working great for me & my Droid X.

Just downloaded the Netflix app from the Market. Gotta test it out.

RONL98

Reaction score
well, correct me if i am wrong.. i thought andriod was coming out with another update as a fix for gb

meaker

Reaction score
Other then having a wifi issue, I love gb.. Much faster and my battery is doing much better.. I'm seeing about a 30% increase in battery life.@

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lostnbroken

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why some people are getting DX's to replace their DX & other people are getting Inc.2 or the Dx2? I am getting a replacement from Verizon, it should be here today/tomorrow but they didn't tell me I needed to pick a different phone so I am assuming I am getting a DX...