Gingerbread battery and what Verizon is doing

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I am still running gingerbread leak 573 on my Droid X and I have great battery length. Alot longer than with Froyo. I think Verizon and/or Moto messed up the OTA release with something. I am assuming stopping tethering but of course not sure. There sure seems to be a ton of issues that have been reported with the OTA that were not there with any of the leaks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
For all you GB users experiencing low battery life...did you do a Battery Stats Wipe after the OS update? I know you might think Moto thinks of everything, but really they dont.

Anytime you update the OS, change Roms and even Themes, it would behoove you to do a Battery Stats Wipe after charging the phone fully...

sacnvz

Reaction score
For all you GB users experiencing low battery life...did you do a Battery Stats Wipe after the OS update? I know you might think Moto thinks of everything, but really they dont.

Anytime you update the OS, change Roms and even Themes, it would behoove you to do a Battery Stats Wipe after charging the phone fully...

How do you wipe battery stats?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I use a free app called 'battery calibration' that's available from the market if that helps you.

jerryq2

Reaction score
My replacement x came in this afternoon so I haven't had it a full day yet. So far the batter is better it was dead yellow on the bar asking g me to charge the phone. Once I put the same yellow battery I. The new phone that came loaded with gingerbread it went to half battery? If I had to pick right now I would also say the charge. I was in Verizon and tried all three 4g phone s at the same time the charge was the fastest and smoothest operating of the three.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I have the extended battery and ever since the gb update, when I plug it in at night, I'm lucky to have 30% remaining after light use and 10-12 hours of being unplugged... I used to be down to 70% by the time I went to bed on froyo with the extended battery... cannot imagine not having the extended battery now... phone wouldn't leave the charger!

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
My battery life is much worse on Gingerbread.....I may SBF back to froyo....

i went back to Froyo and my battery life came back too.

maybe yall need to try a clean install of GB...starting fresh. thats what i did. i havent had any problems!

I would but i like being rooted.

you can stay rooted bro. TBH released a gingerbread that is prerooted. wiping does not eliminate your root

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
thats what im trying my battery has been terrible as wellnot as bad as some but def not what it used to be so im starting fresh i'll see how it goes today

wyld

Reaction score
Like many other post on battery life, After My wife and I's X were upgraded to gingerbread, the battery life crashed on them. maybe 4 to 6 hours. On Froyo I got 1.5 days and my wife would get 3 days of battery life.

It is important to note the my wife and I are in our forties and are not heavy texters, surfers ect. I am a IT manager so I mainly use my X for a corp e-mail that is pushed. I also understand that when upgrades come out there are bugs. IE Microsoft!

Spoke to Verizon tech and they did a factory reset and then decided to replace my phone.. got the new phone yesterday and am having the same issue.. well duh. Its the software..

Verizon offered to send me an extended Battery for free as they confirmed that yes there are battery issues.. I agreed but 2 hours later the phone died from a dead battery after about 5 hours of little use. So I called the local corp store and explained the story.. Now my situation my be extreem because my father is in Intensive care and I have the power of attorney to decide all medical care so I need to be in constant contact. The store has offered to do a model upgrade free of charge.. Good service Verizon! I am looking at the X2 but I am guessing that it may have the same issue.. I can select another brand as long as it is a Droid OS.. any suggestion?

Ok how about this! You may have bad app that the developer didn't update to play nicely with the new update! Download a task manager called system panel there is a free an a paid version it will give you a detailed list of running apps android has its own task killer built in android may not be to kill a bad app that runs all the time

wyld

Reaction score
System panel is a task manager not a task killer you choose to kill apps from system panel but it does not auto kill every 30 minutes or on start up androids has its own built in to shut down apps when it needs to run other tasks

jonathon1289

Reaction score
My battery life actually is about the same coming from stock, rooted Froyo to rooted .596 GB. I get about 22-24 hours between charges, with display on time of 4-5 hours (texting and games mostly).

I haven't had a chance to grab the extended battery yet, hopefully this weekend. I am also undervolting my phone to see if it will help extend battery life.

wyld

Reaction score
My battery is about the same really. Compared to being unrooted and on stock Froyo. I unrooted to take the ota ill wait for a root for gingerbread so I can undervolt again and save more battery life