Gingerbread battery and what Verizon is doing

mkris101

Reaction score
Like many other post on battery life, After My wife and I's X were upgraded to gingerbread, the battery life crashed on them. maybe 4 to 6 hours. On Froyo I got 1.5 days and my wife would get 3 days of battery life.

It is important to note the my wife and I are in our forties and are not heavy texters, surfers ect. I am a IT manager so I mainly use my X for a corp e-mail that is pushed. I also understand that when upgrades come out there are bugs. IE Microsoft!

Spoke to Verizon tech and they did a factory reset and then decided to replace my phone.. got the new phone yesterday and am having the same issue.. well duh. Its the software..

Verizon offered to send me an extended Battery for free as they confirmed that yes there are battery issues.. I agreed but 2 hours later the phone died from a dead battery after about 5 hours of little use. So I called the local corp store and explained the story.. Now my situation my be extreem because my father is in Intensive care and I have the power of attorney to decide all medical care so I need to be in constant contact. The store has offered to do a model upgrade free of charge.. Good service Verizon! I am looking at the X2 but I am guessing that it may have the same issue.. I can select another brand as long as it is a Droid OS.. any suggestion?

destin246

Reaction score
X2 is probably your best bet or droid charge

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

destin246

Reaction score
And I may add that the x is running 2.3 gingerbread and the x2 is running 2.2 froyo

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
M

mkris101

Reaction score
the X2 will get gingerbread at some point.. havent heard too many good things about it

ekf028

Reaction score
Best thing to do is sbf back to froyo, and either stay there or install one of the Team Black Hat versions of Gingerbread (rooted of course). I have the rooted 596 version and haven't run into any problems. Battery life seems the same to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
honestly my battery life increased 3-5 hours with gingerbread. but for everyone it differs i suppose.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go with the DROID Charge.

Either that, or go to the .595 leak and ZombieStomped. Use the undervolt hack also to increase battery life.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Leung

Reaction score
i went back to Froyo and my battery life came back too.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
My battery life is much worse on Gingerbread.....I may SBF back to froyo....

Reaction score
I get about 14 hours with moderate use out if mine. So its not doing it on all phones that's kinda weird.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

mkris101

Reaction score
My GB was OTA. My factory replacement came with GB. THis upgrade reminds me of Vista.. looks pretty but did run well for very long..

I thought about flashing back to Froyo. I am going to take advantage of the free upgrade. I hate to go back to froyo as gingerbread did fix corp e-mail problems. just want someting to work

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
maybe yall need to try a clean install of GB...starting fresh. thats what i did. i havent had any problems!

How do you do a clean install?

when i say clean install, i mean wipe data and etc

but follow this :
My Droid World Forums - Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release Thread

and im pretty sure it will tell you everything you need to know

but basically install the gingerbread zips in recovery and before you reboot phone go ahead and wipe data/cache (some people say to wipe it multiple times) but just a heads up, this will erase all your apps, accounts, texts and anything else you have. i use Titanium Backup to save everything and restore it